PDA

View Full Version : Positive bus experience

TheVBs
09-04-2021, 07:18 PM
This was a totally new one for us, so I had to share it here. We just went in early August and only did two park days. Our first day was at the Magic Kingdom, and when we got to our bus stop at the end of the evening, the line for our resort was loooooong! What stunned us was that there was actually a cast member there, AND she called for bus after bus to arrive, one immediately after the other, until the line was cleared! We've been going to WDW approximately every other year for over a decade and this was a first for us!

Our second park day was at Hollywood Studios so we were able to take the Skyliner both ways. That was an excellent experience as well! So much faster and more enjoyable than the buses.

Cinderelley
09-05-2021, 09:10 AM
I am just waiting to plunge to my death on the Skyliner. Actually, it isn't death I am afraid of. It's the pain I would experience if I lived that scares me. :P

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-05-2021, 09:23 AM
I love it when they clear the loooong bus lines. I've seen it a couple of times, and it is the best feeling, to go from "crud, I'm going to be in this line forever" to "oh wow, they are bringing in bus after bus".

I've had a few good bus experiences, and one of my favourites is after a late dinner at Rose & Crown, we got to the front and it was empty. A CM asked "where are you going" and we told them POFQ. She radio'd, "got one for FQ" and a bus came over! Another family for Riverside had joined us, we got on the bus and went home. It was amazing.

TheVBs
09-07-2021, 03:37 PM
"I am just waiting to plunge to my death on the Skyliner. Actually, it isn't death I am afraid of. It's the pain I would experience if I lived that scares me. :P"

I'm not a huge fan of heights, but you're really not that far up. I felt totally comfortable and secure. I realize that probably doesn't help though!

TheVBs
09-07-2021, 03:41 PM
I love it when they clear the loooong bus lines. I've seen it a couple of times, and it is the best feeling, to go from "crud, I'm going to be in this line forever" to "oh wow, they are bringing in bus after bus".

I've had a few good bus experiences, and one of my favourites is after a late dinner at Rose & Crown, we got to the front and it was empty. A CM asked "where are you going" and we told them POFQ. She radio'd, "got one for FQ" and a bus came over! Another family for Riverside had joined us, we got on the bus and went home. It was amazing.

That is awesome!! Once our younger daughter and I left Animal Kingdom to go back to the resort because I got soaked on KRR - which was fine - and all the red dye was running out of my dress and down my legs and arms - which wasn't fine! I looked like a crime scene. When we headed back out it was to meet DH and our oldest daughter at AKL for dinner. We got on the AK bus at our resort and asked him about transferring to AKL. We were the only ones on the bus so instead of taking us to AK, he took us straight to AKL. We appreciated that so much!!

MNNHFLTX
09-11-2021, 01:56 PM
Glad you had such a great experience! :)

Personally can't wait to ride the Skyliner at some point in the near future!

TheVBs
09-26-2021, 10:03 AM
Glad you had such a great experience! :)

Personally can't wait to ride the Skyliner at some point in the near future!

We loved it!