PDA

View Full Version : Confused about the new system

motherhamv
08-21-2021, 08:26 PM
We will be visiting after this new Genie system is implemented. I don't understand what to do with this new DAS program. I talked to a cast member tonight and she said to go guest services when we arrive. However, the one vlog with information about DAS said something about registering and doing a video chat. Can you help??

Cinderelley
08-22-2021, 01:22 AM
I am headed there at the end of September. If it starts before then, I will let you know what I learn.

motherhamv
08-22-2021, 11:48 AM
Thank You

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-22-2021, 09:31 PM
I think more information will be coming. I have also read/heard that there will be an option to have a video chat with a CM before your visit and to get the DAS set before your trip. You will also still be able to go to Guest Relations during your trip as well.

Cinderelley
08-26-2021, 08:36 AM
I found this on the Disney World website

Coming Soon: 2 Exciting New Features
These options will be available in addition to our existing, in-person DAS program.

Pre-Arrival Registration and Planning via Live Video Chat
This fall, we’re introducing a new option to register virtually with a Cast Member via live video chat as early as 30 days in advance of a park visit.

During your chat with a Cast Member, you’ll also have the opportunity to select up to 2 experiences per day (subject to availability) using our new DAS Advance planning option. Please keep in mind that DAS Advance selections must be booked at least 2 days prior to the day you plan to redeem them, and you will not be able to make selections on the day of your visit.

If the experience you want is available, you’ll be given a one-hour return window to redeem during the day of your visit. Any selections you make will appear as plans on the My Disney Experience app or on this website.

Please note: at this time, live chat will be offered in English only.

Same-Day DAS Return Time Self-Selection Tool
A new way to request return times is also debuting this fall. In lieu of having to physically go to an experience or to a kiosk to obtain a return time from a Cast Member, Guests registered in the DAS program (and their party members) will be able to make return time selections right from the My Disney Experience app during the day of a park visit.

Stay tuned for more details!