PDA

View Full Version : Breakthrough Covid??

Disney4us2
08-01-2021, 09:51 AM
Had anyone who is fully vaccinated contracted the new Covid variant? I got my Moderna in Jan / February. Luckily so far I’m good. Florida seems to be a real hot spot right now.

John
08-02-2021, 09:09 AM
Nope here - still doing fine in SC. Haven't had it as far as I know....

Wayne
08-02-2021, 09:40 PM
I have a colleague who has been fully vaccinated since Spring who has been diagnosed with the Delta variant. He is currently quarantined and the symptoms are mild. Additionally, he was diagnosed with Covid in November last year. He was hospitalized then for about a week but never required ICU level measures.

Simba's Mom
08-02-2021, 10:01 PM
Had anyone who is fully vaccinated contracted the new Covid variant? I got my Moderna in Jan / February. Luckily so far I’m good. Florida seems to be a real hot spot right now.

Nope, and I also got my Moderna vaccine back in January and February. I was at WDW from July 13-22, and I'll bet there was plenty of the new variant floating around then, but it was before the new mask mandates, so except for hand-washing and using sanitizer, I was pretty "normal". So far, I've felt fine.

pjbs35a
08-03-2021, 08:42 AM
I believe Louisiana is leading the nation again in all the wrong categories. Governor re-instated masks for all yesterday.

I have been vaccinated and continue to work from home.

Cinderelley
08-03-2021, 10:02 AM
Yes, that is happening. I probably see it more than the average person though considering my job.