PDA

View Full Version : Bumped from Copper Creek Villas

Aero
07-15-2021, 05:23 PM
DVC called me yesterday to explain, apologetically, that they won't have a room for us at CCV for our trip on Saturday. Instead of our 1-bedroom there, they were putting us in a 2-bedroom standard room at SSR (our home resort). It's just me and my wife going (first time ever without our adult children), so the 2-bedroom will be big!

I like SSR, but I'm really disappointed. We were looking forward to staying in a new place. Has this happened to anyone else?

John
07-16-2021, 09:38 AM
DVC called me yesterday to explain, apologetically, that they won't have a room for us at CCV for our trip on Saturday. Instead of our 1-bedroom there, they were putting us in a 2-bedroom standard room at SSR (our home resort). It's just me and my wife going (first time ever without our adult children), so the 2-bedroom will be big!

I like SSR, but I'm really disappointed. We were looking forward to staying in a new place. Has this happened to anyone else?

Haven't had it happen where I got bumped to another resort but I have been bumped from a Studio to a 1 or 2 bedroom at DVC before. Having to go to a different resort would definitely be disappointing.

baldburke
07-16-2021, 12:14 PM
Wow...sorry to hear that! We've never been bumped, but my guess it that this is a more recent "COVID" development? I too would be super disappointed if I was looking forward to trying a new resort or location. SSR is ok. It's great to be near DS and if you have a car, its not a bad trip to most parks, except AK of course. However, I'd be curious if you tried to barter for an upgrade? If they said I couldn't stay at CCV then would there be options at BLT, Contemporary, Poly or GF? I think I might have pressed to say I was really looking forward to staying close to MK. You should call them back. They've got to have inventory around the monorail loop somewhere. Good luck and enjoy your trip!

Beatrice Callan
07-21-2021, 03:10 AM

Not a very pleasant situation. I then do not understand what is the point of booking rooms if the person is eventually relocated to another location. I can understand if there is a problem in the selected room and the administration moves to another room in the same building.