PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Paris Retires Free FastPass Service and Introduces Paid Premier Access

John
07-06-2021, 11:27 AM
From WDWNT:

Disneyland Paris Retires Free FastPass Service and Introduces Paid “Disney Premier Access” for 8€ A Ride

....Additionally, guests can choose to purchase Disney Premier Access on the Disneyland Paris App when it launches this Summer. This optional digital service allows guests to enjoy the ability to skip the regular queue line for some of our most beloved attractions, including a mix of thrill-rides, Disney classics and experiences for the whole family. From anywhere inside the parks, guests can use the App to book an assigned time slot for select attractions, with prices at launch from 8€-15€ per person per ride depending on the attraction and day of use. Guests without a smartphone can also purchase Disney Premier Access at select locations in the parks. By choosing Disney Premier Access, guests have the option for more flexibility in planning their day and will be able to spend even more time enjoying attractions, shows and so much more.

So is this a harbinger of things to come at Walt Disney World?

Is FastPass a thing of the past...

PopPhan
07-06-2021, 11:59 AM
8 - 15 Euro per RIDE? WOW!!

I expect that this IS the way things are going to be at all Disney Parks soon. Guess I'll be waiting in Stand-By lines for everything!

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-06-2021, 05:54 PM
I figured it was just a matter of time, but WOW that is a lot of money per ride! I wonder if Disney World will do the same, or just charge a flat fee like Universal?

Cinderelley
07-08-2021, 07:16 AM
I gotta admit that I didn't see the "per ride" cost coming. Are we going back to the old ticket way where the rides are scaled with E-tickets being the highest?

Cinderelley
07-08-2021, 07:17 AM
Is that cost only going to be to ride it once or for all day?

Altair
07-08-2021, 10:38 AM
8 - 15 Euro per RIDE? WOW!!
Guess I'll be waiting in Stand-By lines for everything!

Stand-by line may be going away also, to be replaced by an App that puts you into a virtual queue. Are we having fun yet?

Altair
07-08-2021, 10:39 AM

On no, that's per ride for each member of the group.

DizneyFreak2002
07-09-2021, 01:25 AM
Is FastPass a thing of the past...

Yep, stated before, Fastpass as we know it is not coming back... WDW will go to a paid FP service.... Get ready to pay, pay, pay...

I figured it was just a matter of time, but WOW that is a lot of money per ride! I wonder if Disney World will do the same, or just charge a flat fee like Universal?

Rumors are $10 to $20 per person per ride, cheaper during slower times and more expensive during busier seasons... However, there has been other rumors of a $100 to $300 a day PER PERSON IN PARTY for WDW and not the $10 to $20 per ride per person...

Per ride, per person in your party... So, $10 bucks for a FP for Space Mountain will cost a family of four $40 bucks... Or, if they go the other route, $300 a day per person, for family of four will be an additional $1200 on top of park ticket cost and hotel...

Stand-by line may be going away also, to be replaced by an App that puts you into a virtual queue. Are we having fun yet?

Stand-by is going away.... Chapek, the wonderful new CEO who we must worship, wants to milk you out of every dollar he can... And I thought Jay Rasulo was a thief... Chapek has already pickpocketed me and I haven't even been to WDW since 2019...

The idea of doing away with stand by is to make this new expensive paid system more enticing... Just like Jay Rasulo's idea with FP+, the idea is to make you wait around, spend money on food or merch while waiting for your time... FP was originally created for the same reason.. Wasn't meant to EVER make your day easier though it was sold that way... FP was always meant for you to spend more money, be Disney's personal ATM... It didn't work the way they planned, so in came FP+.... and that failed to make people spend more money as well... Covid hits, and they now have a ready made excuse to implement these new systems that will be sold as a way to make your Disney stay much more controllable... Nope, it won't... Disney will basically dictate your day, you will no longer have much if any control... And the theme park reservation system is here to stay as well... This system relies on the park reservation system... Disney will control how many people are in the parks, and they will control when you can access the attractions...

Welcome to Disney World 2022... Great big beautiful tomorrow huh???

1DisneyNut
07-11-2021, 05:48 PM
I saw this one coming from a mile away. They new FP+ was a train wreck and wanted to move away from it but didn't know how to make the break. Then came along Covid 19 and BAM!.....perfect opportunity to make the switch and start charging for fastpasses.