PDA

View Full Version : Hopefully good news about free dining

Itchy
06-30-2021, 05:14 PM
I just saw a breaking news item from another disney site,

It announced that Disney has announced Dining Plans will be coming back but particulars have not been released yet. Standby for news..

I hope it will be back for my trip in September. :mickey::whistle:

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-30-2021, 05:51 PM
We have LOVED free dining over the years, I know it doesn't save everyone lots of money, but it was wonderful for us. Fingers crossed!

John
06-30-2021, 08:32 PM
Realize this wont be a popular post but my take....

Honestly wish it would never return. It ruined dining forever at Disney World in my opinion. Turned many restaurants into a mass production cafeterias, eliminated the ability to walk up in most spots, and lowered service levels across the board.

Never liked it, never will.

sorcerer fan
07-02-2021, 06:05 PM
agree John, was a lot easier to find a place to eat before free dining. You could reserve a spot when you entered the park or just walk up to be seated!

PopPhan
07-04-2021, 10:25 AM

Honestly wish it would never return. It ruined dining forever at Disney World in my opinion. Turned many restaurants into a mass production cafeterias, eliminated the ability to walk up in most spots, and lowered service levels across the board.

John...What would you say about the (current) European offer of a Dining Gift Card in lieu of an actual 'Free DDP' offer? Give me a card with $xx per day on it, to use as I wish, and I would be a happy camper.

To your first point, I agree that CS meals have gotten to be a bit 'cookie cutter' around WDW and 'walk ups' are basically non-existent for TS , but since they are doing all this 'Mobile Order' mularkey do you think it will change?

As a solo act, I rarely even think of a TS anymore, so I cannot comment on how hard it is to get a TS reservation now. Even when I wasn't solo it was difficult to get a TS reservation, even 60 days out, once the DDP 'free' offers started.

RunDMV
07-04-2021, 01:20 PM

Popular with the guy sitting on my couch.