PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know when Splash Mountain will be rethemed?

TheVBs
06-02-2021, 05:05 PM
We're thinking of visiting for just a couple of days near the end of this summer and DD16 would love to ride Splash Mountain one more time before it's rethemed. We're thinking of maybe doing the after hours Boo Bash, but Splash Mountain is not specifically listed as one of the attractions that will be open. Has anyone gotten a sense of when it will be re-themed? Thanks! :mickey:

John
06-05-2021, 10:37 AM
Honestly, there's been absolutely no indication when the ride is going to be going down for the new theming.

PopPhan
06-05-2021, 11:21 AM
Honestly, there's been absolutely no indication when the ride is going to be going down for the new theming.

I am guessing, with restrictions being lifted all over, it may not go down for retheming until its "normal" rehab period in January....If then. I would not mind if they waited even longer than that so I could get a chance to ride it on my next trip, but I don't hold out hope.

Cinderelley
06-05-2021, 10:29 PM
I am going in for my 6th shift this week. I am dragging, so I started singing Zip A Dee Doo Dah. Now, it just makes me sad to think it will be gone. I'm glad we're going to be able to ride it one last time on this trip.

PopPhan
06-06-2021, 02:20 PM
I am going in for my 6th shift this week. I am dragging, so I started singing Zip A Dee Doo Dah. Now, it just makes me sad to think it will be gone. I'm glad we're going to be able to ride it one last time on this trip.

Thinking about that....Do you think they will remove the song, and all aspects of Song of the South and/or Splash Mountain from Resort TV????? If so, I'll have to download Resort TV spots from youtube!! LOL

TheVBs
06-06-2021, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the responses! We'll hope that it's not happening quickly so that we can get in a farewell ride. And, since we're considering opting for the after party, we'll hope that it will be open for that even though it's not specifically listed. There are maybe a half dozen rides specifically mentioned and then language along the lines of "+ 20 more attractions".