PDA

View Full Version : What's Up With the EPCOT Monorail?

Disney-4-Me
05-27-2021, 12:06 AM
We're going the last week of July. I just read about the EPCOT monorail being shut down. I read in one article that it was closed down because of social distancing. I don't know if that's true or not. Does anyone know what is happening with the monorail to EPCOT?

If it's strictly because of social distancing maybe as things loosen up in Florida the monorail will open up. What are your thoughts?

Zippy 1
05-27-2021, 05:56 AM
From what I am hearing it has more to do with the construction at the entrance to EPCOT

baldburke
05-27-2021, 11:50 AM
Has this already taken effect or is it upcoming? Thanks!

John
05-27-2021, 01:04 PM
Has this already taken effect or is it upcoming? Thanks!

I don't think the construction had anything to do with it... initially it was COVID. Once that was solved distancing wise, they just chose to keep it offline.

I think right now, it's just to save $$.

Expect it to return soon though.

Beatrice Callan
05-31-2021, 04:30 AM
Even if something is closed now, the situation may change by July. We are still planning a trip for August, I have already started buying the things I need for the trip. Children also ask for their own cameras. I'm afraid to give them our Canon in their hands, but I found polaroids for children and I think that a little money can be spent on such a device so that the children have photos taken with their own hands during the trip.

Checkers
06-17-2021, 03:38 PM
We are going the beginning of July (9-17) and staying at VGF. I’m really hoping the monorail to Epcot is back in service since I will have a scooter and having the bus as an only option to Epcot is disturbing.

Simba's Mom
06-18-2021, 01:56 PM
We are going the beginning of July (9-17) and staying at VGF. I’m really hoping the monorail to Epcot is back in service since I will have a scooter and having the bus as an only option to Epcot is disturbing.

Same here. I'll be at VGF the following week using a scooter. Although I'd like to go to Epcot, taking a bus just doesn't work for me. I hope the Epcot monorail is up and running by then.

Disney-4-Me
06-27-2021, 01:10 AM
Thanks for all of the information. Now that things are opening up hopefully money is starting to flow enough to open the EPCOT monorail by our trip. I love that long ride and first views of EPCOT!