PDA

View Full Version : Insider Info

baldburke
03-31-2021, 01:04 PM
I am just curious if anyone has any insider info as to Disney's next steps at WDW? We are scheduled to go mid-June, but I've got to say that I'm less than thrilled about this trip. Due to my children's school schedules we have limited options this year and we're DVC so its a use or loose sort of situation.

I believe that currently parks are running at about 35% capacity and a park hopper option means that you can "request" a second park for the afternoon/evening, but that's only based on availability. Plus there's the whole having to plan your parks ahead of time. It's just not a great scene.

I wouldn't even mind wearing a mask, it's just too little flexibility and that's what we've come to like about our WDW visits. Our kids are are older (late teens/early 20s) and sometimes we don't want to go to the park first thing in the morning. Sometimes they want to go to Epcot at nights for drinks.

Florida is basically open for business, but I'm just wondering what Disney's next steps might be and when they'll come. I'm sure Disney would love to have more of mine and other people's money. Thanks!

Zippy 1
03-31-2021, 02:45 PM
Disney has stated that reservations for the parks are here until 2023. As far as any other updates to how they are running it is still a very fluid situation. I know that more cast members are being brought back to work every week. As far as increasing capacity that will most likely happen without it being announced. Everything is happening very slowly. To slow for my cast member daughter who is still waiting for a callback

Cinderelley
04-01-2021, 08:51 AM
I have seen someone post that Disney World wouldn't risk being considered the epicenter of an outbreak due to California's reluctance to open Disneyland. I can see the logic in that, so they probably won't do too much until Disneyland is on firm footing.

baldburke
04-01-2021, 12:12 PM
Disney has stated that reservations for the parks are here until 2023. As far as any other updates to how they are running it is still a very fluid situation. I know that more cast members are being brought back to work every week. As far as increasing capacity that will most likely happen without it being announced. Everything is happening very slowly. To slow for my cast member daughter who is still waiting for a callback

I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter's predicament. Hopefully she's back to work soon! I'm okay with the reservations...I guess. I'm just hoping that they open for additional capacity. We currently only have options for DHS on the day we arrive and the day we leave, so not great if you wanted to try and hit ROTR. Plus it would be nice to get some better assurance around hopping to a second park before sending the money on hoppers.

azcavalier
04-01-2021, 05:17 PM

I have heard that they're actually running at 50% capacity at this point. But that's just a rumor.

Cinderelley
04-01-2021, 11:44 PM
I have heard that they're actually running at 50% capacity at this point. But that's just a rumor.

My massage therapist was just there two weeks ago. She said the crowds felt like a normal day.

baldburke
04-05-2021, 12:12 PM
My massage therapist was just there two weeks ago. She said the crowds felt like a normal day.

I suppose that's a good thing. We just booked our parks for the week but are holding off on hoppers for the time being. At this time the parks list to close between 6pm and 8pm while we're there so I don't see any reason to get hoppers at this point. We'll keep an eye out. My sister's family is also going at the same time and she said they're treating it as if they went over a holiday week. Set the bar low and if it ends up better than expected then consider it a win. Thanks!

DizneyFreak2002
04-05-2021, 07:02 PM
I am just curious if anyone has any insider info as to Disney's next steps at WDW? We are scheduled to go mid-June, but I've got to say that I'm less than thrilled about this trip. Due to my children's school schedules we have limited options this year and we're DVC so its a use or loose sort of situation.

I believe that currently parks are running at about 35% capacity and a park hopper option means that you can "request" a second park for the afternoon/evening, but that's only based on availability. Plus there's the whole having to plan your parks ahead of time. It's just not a great scene.

I wouldn't even mind wearing a mask, it's just too little flexibility and that's what we've come to like about our WDW visits. Our kids are are older (late teens/early 20s) and sometimes we don't want to go to the park first thing in the morning. Sometimes they want to go to Epcot at nights for drinks.

Florida is basically open for business, but I'm just wondering what Disney's next steps might be and when they'll come. I'm sure Disney would love to have more of mine and other people's money. Thanks!

Don't look for Disney to get back to normal until 2022, AT LEAST.

DizneyFreak2002
04-05-2021, 07:04 PM
I have seen someone post that Disney World wouldn't risk being considered the epicenter of an outbreak due to California's reluctance to open Disneyland. I can see the logic in that, so they probably won't do too much until Disneyland is on firm footing.
Disney was begging to open Disneyland... California wouldn't give the green light... Now that they can open, Disney is retraining CMs, and making sure their safety protocols are in place...