PDA

View Full Version : Magic Bands

We LOVE Disney
03-26-2021, 10:32 PM
If you book your own hotel and book your own park tickets, do you still receive a Magic Band in the mail? Sorry, 1st time staying off site 🙃

faline
03-27-2021, 10:51 AM
You can always purchase a Magic Band but, if you are not staying at a Disney resort, you will not be offered the special pre-purchase prices and I do not believe they will mail you a Magic Band.

We LOVE Disney
03-27-2021, 04:56 PM
You can always purchase a Magic Band but, if you are not staying at a Disney resort, you will not be offered the special pre-purchase prices and I do not believe they will mail you a Magic Band.

Thanks. We will be booking a Disney Springs resort. If we book on the Disney site as a package, will that get us a Magic band? If we just book on our own, and purchase separate park tickets does that mean we have to purchase our own magic band (what is the cost)? Or, would we get tickets, like the old fashioned way? Sorry for all the questions.....

Cinderelley
03-28-2021, 02:59 AM
If you have an old Magicband, you can attach the tickets for your new vacation to your old Magicband and use it. You can do that through your My Disney Experience. Since you said it is your 1st time staying off site, I am assuming you have been previously and have old MagicBands.

We LOVE Disney
03-28-2021, 07:57 AM
If you have an old Magicband, you can attach the tickets for your new vacation to your old Magicband and use it. You can do that through your My Disney Experience. Since you said it is your 1st time staying off site, I am assuming you have been previously and have old MagicBands.

Nice! I didn't know you could re-use magic bands 🤷 We haven't kept all of them because we had soooo many. But, we did keep 1 that was a limited edition type so, we'll use those 😊 Thanks for the tip!

Cinderelley
04-01-2021, 08:52 AM
Nice! I didn't know you could re-use magic bands 🤷 We haven't kept all of them because we had soooo many. But, we did keep 1 that was a limited edition type so, we'll use those 😊 Thanks for the tip!

You're welcome. I have favorites that I like to reuse. :)