PDA

View Full Version : Not even sure where to start-offsite trip

Wayne
03-08-2021, 07:49 PM
We haven't been to Disney since 2004. Long story. Didn't care for a lot of the changes that diminished the guest experience. Late 2020 received an offer that we couldn't refuse for an offsite visit to Orlando based out of Vistana for the last week of September.

We are driving in from Chattanooga. 4 nites. Wanting to visit Disney (EPCOT at least) and at least one side of Potter at Universal. Not even sure where to start in the planning process.

Suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

azcavalier
03-09-2021, 03:13 PM
Not even sure where to start with suggestions. But I'll take a shot. We're going to be offsite for our trip in May, and we've done offsite trips four previous visits.

First, remember that to even get to the parks, you're going to have to drive your own car, so you're going to be paying for parking (unless you have APs). Unless you take a rideshare or a taxi.

I think a lot of your planning is going to depend on what the park hours look like in September. Are they still going to be closing early? Without evening shows? For example, when we go in May, our plan is to eat breakfast at the rental house early, and then head to the parks for opening. We'll stay until closing, but some nights we'll just eat dinner back at the house and then go swimming and play family games.

Luckily, as you've not been since 2004, you don't know the agony of the FastPass+ system, where you had to make your RIDE reservations 60 days in advance. Right now, there is no FastPass at all. However, if you're planning to eat at a table service restaurant, you'll still need to make those reservations 60 days in advance (instead of the former 180 days in advance).

Also, right now because they're trying to control capacity in the parks, you have to make your Park Pass Reservation. This is different than the tickets you have bought. So, you will need to plan ahead and decide which parks on which days, and get on the My Disney Experience app (or website) and book those park reservations. You need both the reservation and the ticket to get in the park.

If I think of anything else, I'll chime in later.

faline
03-09-2021, 03:51 PM
I'm not at all sure what to tell you as it is difficult to know what Disney will look like come September and hard to know what the operating procedures will be at that time. You've already been given some important information on what is needed if you were to visit now but a big unknown will be what might change between now and then.

Hog
03-10-2021, 10:07 AM
How long in advance can you make Park reservations? We are planning a 9 night stay in August and I want to make sure I'm able to visit all the parks. I see that DHS has no availability until mid April as of now.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

bleen3162
03-10-2021, 10:33 AM
As long as you have park tickets to link your park reservations, you can do it pretty much right away. I have a trip scheduled end of September and made park reservations back in January.