PDA

View Full Version : Walt Disney World Extends Disney Park Pass Reservation System

Figment!
02-16-2021, 09:32 PM
The Walt Disney World resort has quietly extended the Disney Park Pass Reservation system to almost two years in advance:

Parks with Available Reservations on January 14, 2023

✓ Magic Kingdom
✓ Disney’s Animal Kingdom
✓ Epcot
✓ Disney’s Hollywood Studios

While not guaranteed to last through the extended window, the extension is an indication that Walt Disney World is not planning on ending the program in the near term.

With Walt Disney Co. CEO Bob Chapek recently postulating that social distancing and face covering requirements could start to be reduced in 2022; this extension could also indicate that reduced capacity may carry on past other returns to prior operational norms.

azcavalier
02-17-2021, 03:42 PM
I hope this is them just being extra cautious, and not a signal that Park Pass Reservations will be the permanent plan going forward. Kinda makes park hopping and spontaneity really hard.

DizneyFreak2002
02-17-2021, 07:16 PM
I hope this is them just being extra cautious, and not a signal that Park Pass Reservations will be the permanent plan going forward. Kinda makes park hopping and spontaneity really hard.

Be prepared... I have a feeling the reservation system is here to stay...

Personally, I liked it when I made my plans for October last year, which I had to cancel anyway... But still, as much as I hate the preplanning, I did like reserving my theme park day...

PopPhan
02-18-2021, 09:54 AM

Not sure how this would/will make hopping any harder. You don't have to 'reserve' what park to hop to, only your 'starting' park. Yes, the 'No hopping until after 2pm' could make it a bit harder, but that would be the extent of the difficulty.

Spontaneity might be affected, but really only until FP+ (or some replacement for it) returns. With FP+ you really needed to 'reserve' your park to cover your selections, unless you only did FP+ reservations for evening hours.

I'm in the 'wait and see' mindset right now. I haven't been to the parks in over two years and don't have plans before January of next year (2022.)

disneymom15
02-18-2021, 10:25 AM
Not sure how this would/will make hopping any harder. You don't have to 'reserve' what park to hop to, only your 'starting' park. Yes, the 'No hopping until after 2pm' could make it a bit harder, but that would be the extent of the difficulty.

You make an excellent point. Really no different than making fastpass reservations.

azcavalier
02-18-2021, 01:48 PM

I thought you did have to reserve which park you were hopping to? Is that not how they implemented it a couple of months ago?

PopPhan
02-18-2021, 02:54 PM
I thought you did have to reserve which park you were hopping to? Is that not how they implemented it a couple of months ago?

Nope. Only have to reserve your originating park. You can hop to any park that has available capacity. I believe the bus stops have that information, and probably the MDE app.