PDA

View Full Version : Ticket price increases

disneymom15
02-10-2021, 01:09 PM
I’m hearing rumblings that ticket price increases are coming soon!! If this is true, how does Disney justify an increase when they aren’t providing the full Disney experience.
Also, has anyone heard when annual passes will be available again for purchase.
Thanks

Cinderelley
02-11-2021, 04:14 AM
I'm not sure how they will justify it in their heads other than, people will pay it and come.

RunDMV
02-11-2021, 04:35 AM
How does Disney justify anything? They do it because they can.

John
02-11-2021, 02:13 PM
Completely tone deaf. Sorry, wouldn't it be great if for once Disney said - we feel you pain, we know many of you are hurting but are in need to get away from the stress of the real world. That's why we're not raising ticket prices this year and we're also offering much needed discounts so you actually can come visit.

Now THAT would get them some PR.

Anyway, one can dream.

Cinderelley
02-12-2021, 01:35 AM
Completely tone deaf. Sorry, wouldn't it be great if for once Disney said - we feel you pain, we know many of you are hurting but are in need to get away from the stress of the real world. That's why we're not raising ticket prices this year and we're also offering much needed discounts so you actually can come visit.

Anyway, one can dream.

It would definitely create a lot of good will for when things get back to normal.

disneymom15
02-12-2021, 09:06 AM

Anyway, one can dream.

Exactly what should happen. So sad that the rich get richer while the rest of us have no say.

Imalismom
02-14-2021, 12:58 PM
On the answer of when Annual passes will be for sale. Currently you can renew your pass, but you cannot renew a Platinum Plus -- they will only renew it to a Platinum (been there, did that). Disney has said new passes will eventually go on sale at a later date but have declined to provide a more detailed timeline.

PinKy
02-17-2021, 01:34 PM
This is what I read as well.

Cinderelley
02-17-2021, 09:11 PM
Exactly what should happen. So sad that the rich get richer while the rest of us have no say.

The rest of us do have a say though. Most people just don't do it. There isn't anything stopping us from growing our own wealth.

Beatrice Callan
02-25-2021, 03:27 AM
I’m hearing rumblings that ticket price increases are coming soon!! If this is true, how does Disney justify an increase when they aren’t providing the full Disney experience.
Also, has anyone heard when annual passes will be available again for purchase.
Thanks

I have not heard about the rise in prices, but if you think about it, it can be explained by the same COVID. Indeed, due to the pandemic, the number of people on the territory is limited. This means that amusement parks need to somehow avoid losses. If they do raise the prices, then we will not go there this year.