PDA

View Full Version : EPCOT Unveils New 'Leave a Legacy'

Figment!
02-09-2021, 10:36 PM
EPCOT has unveiled new 'Leave a Legacy' installations in front of the park's tap styles:

During the transformation of the EPCOT main entrance area, the original Legacy sculpture has been removed, but Leave A Legacy lives on in a beautiful new setting just outside the park.

These newly designed panels are the first of many that will be installed outside the EPCOT entrance, featuring vibrant hues from the park’s new color palette. Along with the fresh look for Leave A Legacy, the beautiful fountain and gleaming pylons further illustrate the park’s transformation and the magic of possibility.

Guests can use their smart device to scan the QR code at the Leave a Legacy display to locate their tile in the new location. This opens up the tile finder search feature, which can provide the coordinates for a tile’s location. Guests can also visit the EPCOT guest Relations team for assistance.

Although not specifically addressed in the announcement, it appears these are new etchings of the original photos and not re-located plates.

Cinderelley
02-09-2021, 10:57 PM
I am so happy they did this! I never had the chance to get one, but I felt so badly about them removing ones that other people had paid for.

Zippy 1
02-10-2021, 05:15 AM
I like the added colors. It will be fun to find my daughter's tile in its new space

John
02-10-2021, 07:41 AM
Gotta be honest - I wish they had retired this forever. Unlike the walk around the world - this was one thing I never liked. Now that they got rid of the walk bricks - I think these could have gone the same route.

Anyone know if there was still time from the last sale that they were guaranteed to be up somewhere?

Cinderelley
02-11-2021, 04:15 AM
Gotta be honest - I wish they had retired this forever. Unlike the walk around the world - this was one thing I never liked. Now that they got rid of the walk bricks - I think these could have gone the same route.

Anyone know if there was still time from the last sale that they were guaranteed to be up somewhere?

What is it about them that you don't like?

RunDMV
02-11-2021, 04:31 AM

I am with you. Its just bizarre. Virtually no one, except the person(s) on the etching cares about it. "Hurry up, kids! Let's go look at tiny etchings of people we dont know and will never meet."

baldburke
02-11-2021, 01:56 PM
Yeah...I'm with y'all! We bought the brick that sat outside TTC and then they tore them up. I'm not falling for that trick again...

Cinderelley
02-11-2021, 11:50 PM
I am with you. Its just bizarre. Virtually no one, except the person(s) on the etching cares about it. "Hurry up, kids! Let's go look at tiny etchings of people we dont know and will never meet."

:laughing:

I don't look at them, but I think it is nice for the people who were able to have a tiny part that they could say was theirs.

disneymom15
02-12-2021, 09:43 AM
I never really cared for the “leave a legacy”, but I think the new display looks very nice.
Now, the walkway bricks are another story. I really liked them and enjoyed seeing all the messages on them. Many of them were in disrepair and could have and should have been replaced. Such a waste. We didn’t own a brick(always wanted to), but if we had I’d be quite upset about them being removed.

John
02-14-2021, 03:54 PM
What is it about them that you don't like?

A number of things -

First - that they never completed the walk around the world before they introduced this.

Second - they ruined the look of the front of the park with giant gravestones and are only now getting back to what it actually was meant to look like.

Third - It was time for them to make their exit. My guess is that the last of the people who bought them were promised they would remain up until a certain year and maybe they moved them because of that - but they added no aesthetic value.

I understand wanting to leave a part of you at the parks - and the walk around the world if ever completed would have been a great way to do that.

The irony is - the bridge that would have allowed the walk to continue at least on one direction only happened after they decided to remove them. As a person who had a brick right in front of the MK, I'm still a bit irked about that.

baldburke
02-15-2021, 12:32 PM
Second - they ruined the look of the front of the park with giant gravestones and are only now getting back to what it actually was meant to look like.

�� Giant gravestones! Maybe they would have been better over at HM in MK.

Cinderelley
02-15-2021, 09:57 PM
�� Giant gravestones! Maybe they would have been better over at HM in MK.

Lol. The giant gravestone comment made me laugh and think this also.

Cinderelley
02-15-2021, 09:59 PM
A number of things -

First - that they never completed the walk around the world before they introduced this.

Third - It was time for them to make their exit. My guess is that the last of the people who bought them were promised they would remain up until a certain year and maybe they moved them because of that - but they added no aesthetic value.

I understand wanting to leave a part of you at the parks - and the walk around the world if ever completed would have been a great way to do that.

The irony is - the bridge that would have allowed the walk to continue at least on one direction only happened after they decided to remove them. As a person who had a brick right in front of the MK, I'm still a bit irked about that.

It probably helps that I never knew what it was originally supposed to look like. By the time I went to Disney World, they were up and that is just how I thought it was supposed to look like. I wasn't a huge fan of all the concrete, but I did think it was a cool idea. I would have done that and a brick if I had been going when they were selling those.

wjdmorton
02-16-2021, 10:39 AM
I like it. Mainly for selfish reasons. I get a chuckle when my kids run up to see what we looked like 20 years ago and laugh... I know they can look at a wall at home and do the same thing, but the environment change makes it fresh. Then they run over to see their grandparents as sub-50 year olds, too. I remember it was a freebie back in the early 00s as part of a resort reservation so I'm definitely surprised that they were committed to keep it up this long!