PDA

View Full Version : Festival of the Lion King Returns to Walt Disney World in Summer 2021

Figment!
01-23-2021, 11:29 AM
The popular Festival of the Lion King stage show is scheduled to return to Disney's Animal Kingdom park in Summer of 2021:

This Summer, the Harambe Theatre at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park is scheduled to host the fan-favorite troupe of musical storytellers, along with Simba and his friends, in the celebration of the incomparable “Festival of the Lion King.”

When it returns, “Festival of the Lion King” will be presented in a modified format to be mindful of the current health and safety guidelines. There will be adjustments to the show on stage and backstage, including updates to choreography to allow for appropriate physical distancing. We’ll also adjust how the audience is seated, in line with other theater-based experiences at Walt Disney World Resort. 

It has also been implied that additional stage shows are set to return; but no further details were announced at this time:

Since reopening the Walt Disney World theme parks last July, cavalcades and flotillas have delighted Guests daily as a new way of sharing our Disney Character entertainment. Walt Disney World is now looking to bring back even more entertainment with a responsible and thoughtful approach.

Simba's Mom
01-23-2021, 02:10 PM
On one hand, I'm really excited to see FoLK when I go this summer, but with my luck, when it says "scheduled to return this summer", it probably means after the end of July But I'm still hoping

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-23-2021, 03:51 PM
I'm glad to see some of the shows and performers return!

Cinderelley
01-24-2021, 01:51 AM
I'm so happy to hear this. I love Festival of the Lion King. I hope you get to see it Simba's Mom.

baldburke
01-25-2021, 11:38 AM
Great news for WDW and FL getting people back to work!

Pooh Fan
01-25-2021, 01:35 PM
This is such great news! My absolute favorite show in "The World".