PDA

View Full Version : Childhood Disney fantasies.

Cinderelley
01-17-2021, 02:26 AM
When you were a kid, what did you dream you would do related to Disney one day. When I grew up, I wanted to live in the little house in the bayou scene of Pirates of the Caribbean in Disneyland. I know most people wanted to live in the castle, but I loved that little shack. I know. I'm weird. :shrug:

bleen3162
01-17-2021, 11:23 AM
I always thought it would be fun to live on Main Street at WDW above any of the stores. Live the Magic!!

azcavalier
01-18-2021, 08:14 PM
I never had any kind of Disney fantasies, but I was a big fan of the movies. I LOVED the Herbie movies, The Black Hole, The Apple Dumpling Gang, etc. But we never went to Walt Disney World, and honestly never even thought about it.

However, when The Little Mermaid came out, I was ending my senior year of high school. I bought the movie on VHS on my way out to college, and in my freshman dorm room, I had up The Little Mermaid movie poster. My roommate had up "The Ships of the Line" Star Trek poster. Guess who got the girls? That's right. The girls all thought the fact that I had up a Little Mermaid poster was so cute. I had a lot of dates that semester, until I found the one. Met my future wife that semester. One of the things we had in common was that love of Disney movies. We were dating when Beauty and the Beast came out, and that has been our thing ever since.

Cinderelley
01-20-2021, 03:01 AM
I always thought it would be fun to live on Main Street at WDW above any of the stores. Live the Magic!!

Whoops. I meant to hit "like" not "dislike"

Cinderelley
01-20-2021, 03:02 AM
I never had any kind of Disney fantasies, but I was a big fan of the movies. I LOVED the Herbie movies, The Black Hole, The Apple Dumpling Gang, etc. But we never went to Walt Disney World, and honestly never even thought about it.

However, when The Little Mermaid came out, I was ending my senior year of high school. I bought the movie on VHS on my way out to college, and in my freshman dorm room, I had up The Little Mermaid movie poster. My roommate had up "The Ships of the Line" Star Trek poster. Guess who got the girls? That's right. The girls all thought the fact that I had up a Little Mermaid poster was so cute. I had a lot of dates that semester, until I found the one. Met my future wife that semester. One of the things we had in common was that love of Disney movies. We were dating when Beauty and the Beast came out, and that has been our thing ever since.

That is such a sweet story. I can believe the Disney would bring girls by the droves. :)

We went to Colorado a few months ago. While we were driving through the city, we saw an exact replica of Herbie. I was soooo excited to see it. lol