PDA

View Full Version : Bucket List

Cinderelley
01-04-2021, 05:38 AM
What some of the things on your bucket list?

SodaPopMGK
01-04-2021, 08:47 PM
I've honestly never had a bucket list, I don't want to live with regret of the things I didn't get to do. More importantly I don't want my kids feeling bad that I haven't done everything. For example, I have always wanted to go to Alaska, one of my sons has been there multiple times, if I never make it I don't want him to feel bad that I've sent him multiple times and not myself.

merciantinkerbell
01-05-2021, 07:41 AM
Would love to visit Japan, but the flight is so long I don't think my less than healthy body would take it without severe pain, DH is a definite no with his disabilities.

Cinderelley
01-05-2021, 10:05 AM
I've honestly never had a bucket list, I don't want to live with regret of the things I didn't get to do. More importantly I don't want my kids feeling bad that I haven't done everything. For example, I have always wanted to go to Alaska, one of my sons has been there multiple times, if I never make it I don't want him to feel bad that I've sent him multiple times and not myself.

But since you want to go to Alaska, isn't that kind've your bucket list? Isn't a bucket list just things you want to do?

Cinderelley
01-05-2021, 10:05 AM
Would love to visit Japan, but the flight is so long I don't think my less than healthy body would take it without severe pain, DH is a definite no with his disabilities.

Maybe you could get a flight on one of those planes were you sleep on the bed overnight.

merciantinkerbell
01-06-2021, 09:00 AM
Maybe you could get a flight on one of those planes were you sleep on the bed overnight.

That would be wonderful but unfortunately the Finance Computer says NO! ( unless I win the lottery! )

1DisneyNut
01-06-2021, 10:54 AM
Paris is next on the list. Had planned on going there in 2020 but Covid wiped that plan out. I didn't make it to Venice while in Italy. Didn't have enough time to make it work so on the Paris trip I would like to take the train over to Venice and stay there a couple of days. After that trip, next trip is maybe Netherlands and Germany. I had a connecting flight through Amsterdam on the way to Italy and it looked really interesting so I definitely want to visit there in the next few years.

Cinderelley
01-07-2021, 06:27 AM
That would be wonderful but unfortunately the Finance Computer says NO! ( unless I win the lottery! )

Lol. My Finance Computer tells me no quite often also.

Cinderelley
01-07-2021, 06:28 AM
Paris is next on the list. Had planned on going there in 2020 but Covid wiped that plan out. I didn't make it to Venice while in Italy. Didn't have enough time to make it work so on the Paris trip I would like to take the train over to Venice and stay there a couple of days. After that trip, next trip is maybe Netherlands and Germany. I had a connecting flight through Amsterdam on the way to Italy and it looked really interesting so I definitely want to visit there in the next few years.

That sounds like a great line up. It is always so hard for me to decide between my desire to see all 50 states and my desire to see the rest of the world.

1DisneyNut
01-07-2021, 12:36 PM
That sounds like a great line up. It is always so hard for me to decide between my desire to see all 50 states and my desire to see the rest of the world.

Same here actually. I have done the entire Southern half of the country and into the Northeast. In the next 5 years at some point I would like to hit the Northwest. I do road trips and see all the major sites along the way there and come back a different route seeing the sites on the way back. I get torn between doing those road trips or going to Europe.

SodaPopMGK
01-07-2021, 07:00 PM
Not the way I look at it, there are lots of places I'd go but the only thing I have ever really wanted to do was raise my kids, once I had them. Alaska was more of a I'd like to go but not really a must do. I hear people talk about their bucket lists and they spend time planning those things out, for example, I worked with a woman who kept a map and pinned the states she had already gone because she's determined to hit all 50 states.

Cinderelley
01-07-2021, 09:27 PM
Not the way I look at it, there are lots of places I'd go but the only thing I have ever really wanted to do was raise my kids, once I had them. Alaska was more of a I'd like to go but not really a must do. I hear people talk about their bucket lists and they spend time planning those things out, for example, I worked with a woman who kept a map and pinned the states she had already gone because she's determined to hit all 50 states.

Ah. Kids definitely trump any travel plans.