PDA

View Full Version : Favorite ride song

Cinderelley
12-22-2020, 02:39 AM
Which ride song perks you up when you're dragging? I just start singing "Zip A Dee Doo Dah", and I'm happy again. :D Every once in a while, I'll throw in "Dead Men Tell No Tales".

bleen3162
12-22-2020, 08:53 AM
One of my favorites is from " Journey to Imagination"....the original"One little spark". I also love the soundtrack in the France movie and American Adventure show On Golden Wings

baldburke
12-22-2020, 12:11 PM
"Zip A Dee Doo Dah" will certainly be missed. Our two faves are "There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" at Carousel of Progress and "Canada" at the Circlevision pavilion show in Epcot. I know they updated the show, but did they keep the song?

Cinderelley
12-22-2020, 08:58 PM
"Zip A Dee Doo Dah" will certainly be missed. Our two faves are "There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" at Carousel of Progress and "Canada" at the Circlevision pavilion show in Epcot. I know they updated the show, but did they keep the song?

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" always makes me life when I think of it. Oldest DS didn't want to ride the Tomorrowland Rockets with us, so he went to Carousel of Progress. He wound up falling asleep on it and went multiple times. He had the song stuck in his head forever. Now we don't let him forget it.

Altair
12-22-2020, 09:09 PM
"Energy (you make the world go 'round)" from the original Universe of Energy
"Two Brothers" from the American Adventure
All the music from the origial EPCOT was great.

Cinderelley
12-22-2020, 09:38 PM
One of my favorites is from " Journey to Imagination"....the original"One little spark". I also love the soundtrack in the France movie and American Adventure show On Golden Wings

I wish I would have seen the original Journey to Imagination.

bleen3162
12-23-2020, 10:21 AM
Cinderelley...you can see the original on YouTube!!!

Cinderelley
12-23-2020, 11:01 PM

That is a good thought. I will try to watch it tonight if we get enough down time at work. :)

Cinderelley
12-24-2020, 06:00 AM

I watched it. Figment acts so much cuter in the original.

azcavalier
12-24-2020, 09:20 AM
Soarin'. The original. But Zip-a-Dee-Do-Dah and Pirates would be close seconds!

My wife would vote for O' Canada, though.

Cinderelley
12-25-2020, 10:13 PM
Soarin'. The original. But Zip-a-Dee-Do-Dah and Pirates would be close seconds!

My wife would vote for O' Canada, though.

I still love the orange smell from the original Soarin'

Simba's Mom
12-28-2020, 01:20 PM
"Zip a Dee Doo Dah", as well as a background song from Main Street, so not really a ride song, "Put on your Sunday Clothes" from WallE and "Hello Dolly"

PopPhan
12-28-2020, 02:17 PM
For me, "Grim Grinning Ghosts" always makes me happy and want to sing along.

Cinderelley
12-30-2020, 05:58 AM
For me, "Grim Grinning Ghosts" always makes me happy and want to sing along.

On the video game I play, I named my guild Grim Grinning Ghosts. People always comment on it. Frequently they ask me to "come out and socialize"

Cinderelley
12-31-2020, 02:49 AM
It is a stressful night at work tonight. I put on some Disney music to play in the background and a 3 hour loop of the Soarin' Exit music came on. I catch bits of it here and there during the hustle and bustle. I'm surprised at how relaxing it is.

merciantinkerbell
12-31-2020, 08:28 AM
Everyone is going to hate me for this but when I'm stressed then "It's A Small World" !!! I sing quietly under my breath as a) my Boss at work hates it and b) I can't carry a tune in a bucket!
It just takes me right back to WDW and all accompanying memories and helps me relax. It works for me!

Cinderelley
01-03-2021, 11:22 PM
Everyone is going to hate me for this but when I'm stressed then "It's A Small World" !!! I sing quietly under my breath as a) my Boss at work hates it and b) I can't carry a tune in a bucket!
It just takes me right back to WDW and all accompanying memories and helps me relax. It works for me!

I actually love the It's a Small World song. When I was in first grade, we did a play based on it. I had to memorize the song, and I've loved it since then.

merciantinkerbell
01-05-2021, 07:38 AM
I actually love the It's a Small World song. When I was in first grade, we did a play based on it. I had to memorize the song, and I've loved it since then.

Ha! I knew I wasn't the only one who likes it ( and prepared to admit it ) LOL

Cinderelley
01-05-2021, 10:14 AM
Ha! I knew I wasn't the only one who likes it ( and prepared to admit it ) LOL

I can't sing well either, so maybe one day we'll both skip down Main St and sing it together. :)

merciantinkerbell
01-06-2021, 08:59 AM
I can't sing well either, so maybe one day we'll both skip down Main St and sing it together. :)

I'm in!

brad192
01-28-2021, 12:13 PM
Not a ride song, but anytime I hear the Voices of Liberty I get the warm fuzzies & a smile on my face. Some of the best entertainment at WDW. As for ride songs, I'll vote for 'Grim Grinning Ghosts" as well. Used throughout the ride, it morphs from a creepy, slow, dirge at the beginning of the ride to a frenzied party tune during the 'swinging wake'. Fun!

Cinderelley
01-29-2021, 05:00 AM
Not a ride song, but anytime I hear the Voices of Liberty I get the warm fuzzies & a smile on my face. Some of the best entertainment at WDW. As for ride songs, I'll vote for 'Grim Grinning Ghosts" as well. Used throughout the ride, it morphs from a creepy, slow, dirge at the beginning of the ride to a frenzied party tune during the 'swinging wake'. Fun!

I love the Voices of Liberty also. I really loved Off Kilter. They have so much great talent in Epcot.

PopPhan
01-29-2021, 08:16 AM

If we are going there, then I can put up "We Go On" from 'Illuminations: Reflections Of Earth' as one of my favorites. So many good songs in/on rides/attractions/shows at WDW. It's really hard to choose just one favorite.

Cinderelley
01-29-2021, 10:29 PM
If we are going there, then I can put up "We Go On" from 'Illuminations: Reflections Of Earth' as one of my favorites. So many good songs in/on rides/attractions/shows at WDW. It's really hard to choose just one favorite.

I love that song too! I miss Illuminations.

brad192
02-14-2021, 11:42 AM
This thread started me on a list of memorable Disney songs. Big mistake. When I reached 2 full pages in less than 20 minutes, I stopped. It's overwhelming how many great, memorable songs have Disney ties or origins!