PDA

View Full Version : Park capacity numbers

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
11-09-2020, 09:41 AM
Does anyone know what calculations are being used to allow park attendance capacity per the new COVID protocols? Is it 50%, 25% of regular full capacity? Is it different for each park or standard for each park? Heading to Epcot this Thursday just for the day and I see the park is still open to ticket purchases.

Zippy 1
11-09-2020, 10:12 AM
They are currently at 25% capacity. Looking at moving to 50% but unknown as to when or if they will

faline
11-09-2020, 11:21 AM
There's a potential for a tropical storm to descend on central Florida around Thursday. Right now, weather forecasters aren't sure if the storm will head west into the Gulf and just dissipate there or make a u-turn and head back into Florida.

The last few times I checked, it was pretty easy to make a reservation for a park (depending on park) even at the last minute. After months of avoiding all the parks, we did go into Epcot one day last week (though I had made the reservation or week or two earlier). We did not go on any rides but did not encounter any visible ride lines while we were there - I didn't check wait times while there. The park opened at 11 the day we were there - we arrived around 12:30 pm. There was no wait at the entrance to parking. Cars were being directed to park in every other space though they did fill both spaces front to back before skipping the next space. From there, we walked to the entrance (trams are not running). Our temperature was taken as we neared the entrance. We passed through security screening which does not entail having anyone paw through any bags you have. We had a slight wait at the gate as the person in front of us had a problem with her ticket and they to call someone over to work things out with her. Once in the park, we headed right toward Living with the Land and made a complete circuit of the park. I did go into a couple of stores for a minute or two. We did stop and have a beer/glass of wine in Germany - there were plenty of out of the way spots which were distanced from other guests where we could consume our drinks. We were only in the park for a short time - we treated it more of an opportunity to take a walk outside of our own neighborhood. As we returned to our car, we noticed they were filling in the parking spots they had previously left empty in the first lot. (We were parked at the front of the second lot back.).

While Epcot is at limited capacity, there were still a fair number of people walking around the park. The number of people walking didn't appear, to me, to be a much smaller crowd than we were used to seeing in the park in pre-Covid days.

Cinderelley
11-10-2020, 11:39 AM
They are currently at 25% capacity. Looking at moving to 50% but unknown as to when or if they will

I hope they open up more stuff if they let more people in.

Coleby
11-18-2020, 01:20 PM
In case you did not hear, the new current capacity is 35%. We are going in December, not looking forward to that crowd now!

PopPhan
11-18-2020, 01:44 PM
In case you did not hear, the new current capacity is 35%. We are going in December, not looking forward to that crowd now!

Depending upon what part of December you are going, typical crowds run around 35% anyway. I would always go in the first week after Thanksgiving and crowds, except on weekends, were minimal. Weekends were slightly higher with "local" AP holders adding to the load.

Coleby
11-18-2020, 02:44 PM
Depending upon what part of December you are going, typical crowds run around 35% anyway. I would always go in the first week after Thanksgiving and crowds, except on weekends, were minimal. Weekends were slightly higher with "local" AP holders adding to the load.

We are going the second week of December. Of course everything is off this year because of 2020. It's going to be our last time for a while. It's been about 2 years since the last time we went around this time.

PopPhan
11-18-2020, 07:10 PM
We are going the second week of December. Of course everything is off this year because of 2020. It's going to be our last time for a while. It's been about 2 years since the last time we went around this time.

I haven't visited since October 2018, so I am really chomping at the bit to get back. Just waiting and hoping thing get back to some semblance of normalcy before this time next year......

Cinderelley
11-19-2020, 07:23 AM

The difference I think is that not everything is open to disperse the crowds and decrease the load on the things that are open.