PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with Disney Withdrawal Week 2

Cinderelley
11-01-2020, 01:42 AM
Oh my gosh. Amongst moving, work and a new puppy, I totally forgot about this. I apologize. I did have some cool Disney pumpkin decorating things for last week, but oh well.

This week, in honor of the second season of the Mandalorian, I present . . .
Mando Ice Cream Sandos - the best dessert in the parsec

You’ll need:

1 Mandalorian helmet template
Edible silver spray
Black icing
Ice cream

Ingredients:

3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
Black food gel dye

Step 1: In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.

Step 2: In the bowl of an electric mixer cream the butter and sugar until combined.

Step 3: Add the egg, vanilla, and a small amount of black food gel dye.

Step 4: Slowly add in the dry ingredients just until the dough comes together, and turns gray in color.

Step 5: Split the dough into two and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill until you are ready to use.

Step 6: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prep baking sheets with silpats or parchment paper.

tep 7: Roll out the dough to about 1/4 inch thick. Use the template to cut out the shapes. Add helmet details with the back of a knife. Transfer the dough onto the prepped baking sheets.

Step 8: Bake for 10 minutes, let cool on a wire rack.

Step 9: Once cooled, spray with edible spray. Let set.

Step 10: When the spray has set, use a #3 tip and black icing to add the visor detail. Let dry.

Step 11: Place a scoop of ice cream onto the flat side of a cookie. Place a second cookie on top to sandwich.

Step 12: Serve immediately or freeze for later. (We don’t recommend carbon freezing in this instance.)

Grab your favorite bounty hunter and make some Mando Sandos just in time to watch Episode 2 next week

https://www.starwars.com/news/mando-ice-cream-sandos-recipe

On a side note, I found a mandalorian helmet cookie cutter on sale on Etsy, because I'm not talented enough to use a template to cut out the shape.

Cinderelley
11-11-2020, 10:12 PM
My son and I made these yesterday afternoon. I hadn't had a chance to watch any of the new season, so he rewatched it with me while we ate our mando sandos. It was a pretty simple recipe with using the cookie cutter.