PDA

View Full Version : Need ideas for surprising kids

Cinderelley
10-23-2020, 05:19 PM
I need some ideas for surprising a boy aged 9 and a girl aged 7 either the night before we leave, the morning we are leaving or on the plane. What have you guys done or seen done before?

azcavalier
10-23-2020, 05:39 PM
Well, back in the old days when our three kids were younger and Walt Disney World still did Star Wars Weekends, we planned a trip where we would leave on Friday, drive straight (10.5 hours), spend the weekend, and drive back on Monday. We didn't tell them. We sent them off to school, packed their bags, decorated the car with window chalk, and then went and picked them up around lunch. It was a lot of fun.

Other things we did was give them gifts related to Walt Disney World. Shirts, kids' guide books, and even suitcases (I think that there were Disney gifts in the suitcases). However, they didn't really get it. I think that the best ways I've seen are like what we did with that Star Wars Weekends trip. Either don't tell them anything, or tell them something completely different until they're in the car.

Cinderelley
10-23-2020, 06:12 PM
Well, back in the old days when our three kids were younger and Walt Disney World still did Star Wars Weekends, we planned a trip where we would leave on Friday, drive straight (10.5 hours), spend the weekend, and drive back on Monday. We didn't tell them. We sent them off to school, packed their bags, decorated the car with window chalk, and then went and picked them up around lunch. It was a lot of fun.

Other things we did was give them gifts related to Walt Disney World. Shirts, kids' guide books, and even suitcases (I think that there were Disney gifts in the suitcases). However, they didn't really get it. I think that the best ways I've seen are like what we did with that Star Wars Weekends trip. Either don't tell them anything, or tell them something completely different until they're in the car.

Oh those sound like fun. We won't have our own car. We will be using a shuttle from the airport to the hotel. Their mom will drop them off at our hotel either that night or in the morning. Then we will shuttle from the hotel back to the airport to head to Orlando. (Sorry I know the details are vague. I leave all the details about the kids between the two parents. I don't want to be THAT girlfriend. lol) I wonder if we can get another suitcase for them and pack it full of Disney stuff for them to open at the airport. The little girl loves Elsa. Maybe we can do Frozen themed stuff with a letter from Elsa.