PDA

View Full Version : Rider size

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
10-11-2020, 09:59 AM
Next trip in November I am travelling with a group and one individual with us is 6 foot 3 inches and well over 300 pounds. How does Disney handle such riders? Is it going to be reality that he may not be able to ride certain rides like Soarin and Test Track. Trying to get a hold on what might be a embarrassing situation for him and unfortunately he has never been to Disney before and so excited about going. Anyone have any experiences to share and help out? Thanks

PopPhan
10-11-2020, 11:06 AM
The height and weight, in themselves, should not be a problem. The concern is how "rotund" (Pooh-shaped) he is. My last trip had me at 5'10" and around 300# (+/-10) and the only two rides I had any concerns with were 7 Dwarfs Mine Train (hips) and Avatar Flight of Passage (belly.) Both were due to wide hips and a bit of "Dunlap's Disease" (My belly done lap over my belt! LOL) I wore a size 48 for jeans/pants.

Other than those two, Space Mountain might be a little tight - more due to leg room than anything else.

Cinderelley
10-31-2020, 11:11 PM
I don't know if you were planning on a stop at Universal too but don't do it if you are. My daughter-in-law is Pooh shaped, and she was treated very poorly when she couldn't fit on a Harry Potter ride. She came off of the ride crying and came very close to not trying Disney at all. Thankfully, she has never had a problem on a Disney ride.

My son is 6'4" and probably in the 250-300 pound range. He has been able to ride everything at Disney. I was very concerned about some of the size restrictions on Flight of Passage, due to my daughter-in-law's previous experience at Universal. I was measure everyone's legs to make sure they would fit. lol My son and daughter in law were able to ride just fine.

As PopPhan said, it is more of where the size is than anything. Ironically, I was the one they had trouble fitting into the seat at Flight of Passage. It was a chest size issue, but I am short, so the cast member was really struggling to get the body part of the ride vehicle to click into place.

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-03-2020, 08:12 PM
I agree - Disney is very size friendly, with the biggest challenges being FOP and Mine Train. They are both smushy in different ways for people of all difference sizes, but overall they won't have issues and can just enjoy the rides.

Universal is indeed a different story and is less size-friendly. I'd stick with Disney for that alone (although Harry Potter is pretty darn awesome).

Cinderelley
11-05-2020, 02:27 AM
My son came over two nights ago, so I asked him about his point of view. He says that Space Mountain is pretty tough to squish his long legs into. He also said that the harness restraint on Rock N Rollercoaster is pretty tight on him.

texas211
11-07-2020, 10:38 PM
My son came over two nights ago, so I asked him about his point of view. He says that Space Mountain is pretty tough to squish his long legs into. He also said that the harness restraint on Rock N Rollercoaster is pretty tight on him.

Talking knees, Small World, and I could use a vicodin and bourbon afterwards.

Cinderelley
11-09-2020, 11:02 AM
Talking knees, Small World, and I could use a vicodin and bourbon afterwards.

It's a world of laughter a world of tears

CaptSmee
11-21-2020, 11:15 AM
Do some research, certain attractions have more legroom in certain rows IE Rockin Rollercoaster. The only thing I can’t ride is Seven Dwarves. Extremely uncomfortable for me. Space Mtn is out for me too since I had hip surgery.