PDA

View Full Version : TRON Coaster Makes Construction Milestone at Magic Kingdom park

Figment!
09-17-2020, 02:30 PM
Walt Disney Imagineering has shared a special milestone in the construction of the TRON Coaster:

{Walt Disney Imagineering has installed} the first of nearly 40 pieces that will create a dramatic “curved wave” canopy, known as the Upload Conduit. Each section is strategically assembled before installation, including alignment of the steel, welding, grinding, some painting and electrical work. It’s an intricate process and something we’ll get to see rise before our eyes over the coming weeks and months.

This canopy will be a massive, awe-inspiring structure flowing organically over you when you race beneath it aboard your Lightcycle, serving as a digital bridge for your transition into The Grid. As the Lightcycles whiz by, dynamic stripes of lights will follow along the canopy, creating a powerful visual for riders and bystanders alike. Just wait until you see this at night … it will be spectacular.

Check out the media release video for a closer look at the construction HERE (https://cdn1.parksmedia.wdprapps.disney.com/media/blog/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/wdit002934029384023948.mp4).

1DisneyNut
09-18-2020, 09:41 AM
I couldn't help but laugh while reading the press release. The line "flowing organically over you" just got me. What the heck does that really even mean and who writes this stuff? lol

I can't wait to see and ride it though. It sounds like it is going to be really cool. I will probably be organically overwhelmed or something like that. lol

Cinderelley
09-18-2020, 11:02 PM
I couldn't help but laugh while reading the press release. The line "flowing organically over you" just got me. What the heck does that really even mean and who writes this stuff? lol

I can't wait to see and ride it though. It sounds like it is going to be really cool. I will probably be organically overwhelmed or something like that. lol

Lol. I caught that too. I think someone needs to proofread this work.

brad192
09-20-2020, 11:56 AM
Organically? What the heck is organic about being inserted digitally into a computer program? Whoever wrote this needs to at least watch the movie before writing about the ride based on it. Sheesh!

The ride does look fantastic though.

Figment!
09-21-2020, 03:16 PM
Organically?

Wait, circuit boards don't grow on trees?

Then what's this server farm everyone keep talking about?

:drummer:

brad192
09-23-2020, 01:49 PM
Wait, circuit boards don't grow on trees?

Then what's this server farm everyone keep talking about?

:drummer:

LOL! Yeah, I don't think FR4 is a type of wood, even though they call them boards. As for the term 'Farm', probably used by a long-forgotten computer nerd who just wanted to sound a little more mainstream - and it stuck.

You made me laugh out loud today, so thanks!

Jeany031
02-05-2021, 09:09 AM
Awesome I can't wait to ride on Tron:lightcycle run for next year!