PDA

View Full Version : Planning a Day Trip Soon!

Disney-4-Me
08-30-2020, 10:10 PM
Some girlfriends and I are planning a trip to Daytona Beach from August 13-20. Two of us are starting to talk about driving to Disney World for one of those days. I have a few questions.

I'd like to go in the middle of the week. I guess I don't really have to worry about crowds, but is there a day that's better than the others?

I'm thinking about going to the Magic Kingdom. The hours posted are 9:00-6:00. I've heard rumors about guests being able to pretty much walk on rides with no lines. With those hours, does it seem like we'll be able to cover everything?

I understand that guests' temperatures are taken first then we go through the security tables as usual. Will it be crowded if we get there a little before 9:00? I don't want to be in a big crowd, but I also don't want to lose any precious park time.

I'm not seeing any Trip Reports lately so I'm just hoping someone out there has recent experience or knows of someone who has. Thanks for your help!

Zippy 1
08-30-2020, 10:50 PM
In order to get into any of the parks right now you need to make a reservation for the day you want to go. Most attractions have a 20 minute or less wait. You should have no problem doing the most if not all of MK in one day.

texas211
08-31-2020, 11:32 AM
Some girlfriends and I are planning a trip to Daytona Beach from August 13-20. Two of us are starting to talk about driving to Disney World for one of those days. I have a few questions.

I'd like to go in the middle of the week. I guess I don't really have to worry about crowds, but is there a day that's better than the others?

I'm thinking about going to the Magic Kingdom. The hours posted are 9:00-6:00. I've heard rumors about guests being able to pretty much walk on rides with no lines. With those hours, does it seem like we'll be able to cover everything?

I understand that guests' temperatures are taken first then we go through the security tables as usual. Will it be crowded if we get there a little before 9:00? I don't want to be in a big crowd, but I also don't want to lose any precious park time.

I'm not seeing any Trip Reports lately so I'm just hoping someone out there has recent experience or knows of someone who has. Thanks for your help!

When are you going?

Disney-4-Me
08-31-2020, 11:01 PM
I'm planning on Tuesday, September 15th. I want to get our tickets and make reservations in the morning. We are finalizing our plans.