PDA

View Full Version : It seems like WDW's COVID precautions are working?

azcavalier
08-30-2020, 07:50 PM
I mean, if people going to Walt Disney World were getting sick, I would think that we would have heard about it by now, right? I know it just takes one person, but still. I haven't seen anything in the news about people getting sick after going to Walt Disney World on vacation. We saw that some of the foreign parks had to close again, but I haven't heard a thing about Walt Disney World having any issues.

Or have I just missed them?

Disney-4-Me
08-30-2020, 09:02 PM
I think you are right. The media likes to exploit the worse news about Covid 19 and they also seem to want to spread bad news about Disney. Since we haven't heard, I'm assuming no news is good news.

Cinderelley
08-31-2020, 09:44 AM
It would be very hard to prove that anyone got sick specifically from WDW.

texas211
08-31-2020, 11:29 AM

And half the media are in bed w/ theme parks. ABC, NBC, etc.

Celakip
08-31-2020, 12:08 PM
We were there July 18th thru July 25th. Wore masks, washed hands frequently, used hand sanitizer, did our best to stay away from other folks as much as possible. All four of us are fine and have had no problems. Disney is doing a great job, and as long as everyone follows protocols and uses a little common sense, most will be fine as well.

goofyskier
09-01-2020, 08:32 PM
We were there July 18th thru July 25th. Wore masks, washed hands frequently, used hand sanitizer, did our best to stay away from other folks as much as possible. All four of us are fine and have had no problems. Disney is doing a great job, and as long as everyone follows protocols and uses a little common sense, most will be fine as well.

Disney is basically doing what the rest of the Country should be doing and proving what most experts are saying. Yet here we are....about to hot 190,000.

azcavalier
09-02-2020, 09:55 AM

Yes, but they have traced outbreaks of other diseases to the parks, so we know that they can, and will, report it.

DizneyFreak2002
09-02-2020, 08:26 PM
Yes, but they have traced outbreaks of other diseases to the parks, so we know that they can, and will, report it.
Honestly, I think a lot of the issue is, most people are not cooperating with contact tracing...

As for the parks, I know Universal employees have had a bad outbreak... But I have not seen that reported anywhere... And I also had been told Disney is not reporting is any of their CMs test positive... For reasons...

texas211
09-02-2020, 09:37 PM
Honestly, I think a lot of the issue is, most people are not cooperating with contact tracing...

As for the parks, I know Universal employees have had a bad outbreak... But I have not seen that reported anywhere... And I also had been told Disney is not reporting is any of their CMs test positive... For reasons...

Yeah, contact tracing is being abandoned in mass, as it is a disaster. Most folks either aren't cooperative, or just can't be. They don't remember, I mean, most folks can't remember what they had for breakfast that morning much less where they went or who they encountered.

Cinderelley
09-03-2020, 04:36 PM
honestly, i think a lot of the issue is, most people are not cooperating with contact tracing...

As for the parks, i know universal employees have had a bad outbreak... But i have not seen that reported anywhere... And i also had been told disney is not reporting is any of their cms test positive... For reasons...

hippa

texas211
09-06-2020, 09:46 PM
hippa

Hipaa wouldn't apply to the employer. Not a provider. Just like if I knew so-so and covid, I could tell the world. Maybe lousy to do it, but not against Hipaa

Cinderelley
09-06-2020, 10:55 PM
Hipaa wouldn't apply to the employer. Not a provider. Just like if I knew so-so and covid, I could tell the world. Maybe lousy to do it, but not against Hipaa

But an employee wouldn't have to tell their employer why they are out or even if they had covid and kept working.

Beatrice Callan
09-07-2020, 02:56 AM
There are always thousands of people in amusement parks. It is simply unrealistic to remember everyone and guess who else could get sick. Sometimes it seems like COVID is more of a policy than a real threat. On the Internet there are such statistics on this disease that it is not very clear who actually dies from it, and who from chronic diseases, which can worsen and lead to death even with flu. Trying to calm yourself down that it's okay, we'll get over it. But still, you need to follow basic safety rules. As far as I know, getting sick in the open air is almost impossible.

texas211
09-07-2020, 02:49 PM
But an employee wouldn't have to tell their employer why they are out or even if they had covid and kept working.

Nope, and probably wouldn't.