PDA

View Full Version : Use of Banked 2018 points

FiggyFan
08-16-2020, 01:46 PM
We had a small number of 2018 points that were banked into 2019 and used for a reservation that was cancelled due to the pandemic. Disney has extended these through November 2020. I had been waiting for these points to appear in our account, and when they didn't, I did a chat with member services. It turns out that they do not appear in your online point total, and the only way to use them is to contact member services. It was a simple matter to have member services apply them to our November trip.

I wanted to share this with anyone who may be in a similar situation.

missymouseworld
08-16-2020, 07:33 PM
I have the same exact situation with 2018 banked points and we are undecided about travelling or depositing into RCI, which I never did before and really don't want to do. I wish Disney would have given us a year to use the points we used to book trips that were cancelled during the closure period. That way I could apply to our 2021 trip.

Thanks for sharing and have a great trip.

John
08-17-2020, 01:57 PM
I have the same exact situation with 2018 banked points and we are undecided about travelling or depositing into RCI, which I never did before and really don't want to do. I wish Disney would have given us a year to use the points we used to book trips that were cancelled during the closure period. That way I could apply to our 2021 trip.

Thanks for sharing and have a great trip.

We had banked points as well - about 50 - and no trip planned so as far as I know, those don't get extended.

Decided to book 2 says and vero (haven't been there in about 10 years) and a day here at hilton head (even though we live here) and do a staycation.

missymouseworld
08-18-2020, 07:39 AM
Vero is a nice resort to relax. We were there 7 years ago during a Spring Training/Disney trip and enjoyed our time there. Staycation at HH sounds great....lucky you are so close.

Hope you enjoy your trips.