PDA

View Full Version : 60 day reservation window, will it stay?

Cinderelley
08-14-2020, 08:21 PM
Now that Disney has changed the reservation system, do you think the window for dining reservations will permanently be 60 days like it is at Disneyland?

texas211
08-16-2020, 06:18 PM
Now that Disney has changed the reservation system, do you think the window for dining reservations will permanently be 60 days like it is at Disneyland?

What does it matter? You'll know you'll be stuck 60 days out now? Course, with reduced everything right now, might be okay. Until they have a policy you have to wear a mask while you eat.. then.. I dunno :)

1DisneyNut
08-17-2020, 08:54 AM
Maybe so because by now they know people aren't too fond of trying to guess where they are going to be and make dining reservations 6 months ahead of time. At least at 60 days out, you are thinking about it more and finalizing your plans but I still don't like even 60 days. My preference would be something like a hybrid plan where they allocate maybe 50 to 75% of the reservations to 60 days out and then the remaining to day of for people that are actually physically in that park.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-22-2020, 06:22 PM
I remember when dining reservations were all over the map! There was a year when they kept changing, some were 90, some were 60 and I think a few were even 30! I remember having to call a zillion times to get it all booked.

So, all that being said, it must have helped Disney to have things booked so far in advance, although I'd think they could go down to 60 or 90 and still get the same forecasting from it.

I think 60 days makes more sense, and is far enough in advance, but it was kinda fun booking at 180 days as part of the count-down to the trip.

Simba's Mom
09-02-2020, 01:11 PM
I'm pretty sure that I remember when, in Epcot at least, you no longer had to run to the kiosks under Spaceship Earth to make your dining reservations-if you were staying in a Disney hotel, you got the privilege of reserving up to THREE whole days in advance! We went to WDW in 1989 and 1992, I'm not sure in which year this happened.
I hope they do stay at 60 days-I just don't want to plan that specifically 6 months out.

texas211
09-02-2020, 09:41 PM
I'm still waiting for restroom reservations.

Cinderelley
09-03-2020, 04:40 PM
I remember when dining reservations were all over the map! There was a year when they kept changing, some were 90, some were 60 and I think a few were even 30! I remember having to call a zillion times to get it all booked.

So, all that being said, it must have helped Disney to have things booked so far in advance, although I'd think they could go down to 60 or 90 and still get the same forecasting from it.

I think 60 days makes more sense, and is far enough in advance, but it was kinda fun booking at 180 days as part of the count-down to the trip.

Right? It was a little additional step of excitement early on. There are probably people who don't even know where they are going 180 days from their vacation though.

Wayne
09-03-2020, 05:04 PM
I'm pretty sure that I remember when, in Epcot at least, you no longer had to run to the kiosks under Spaceship Earth to make your dining reservations-if you were staying in a Disney hotel, you got the privilege of reserving up to THREE whole days in advance! We went to WDW in 1989 and 1992, I'm not sure in which year this happened.
I hope they do stay at 60 days-I just don't want to plan that specifically 6 months out.

Honestly, I thought it worked a whole lot better then when your max reservation window was no more than 3 days out. How can you be spontaneous when everything has to be planned 6 months in advance?

Beatrice Callan
09-08-2020, 04:33 AM
Well, this will be nonsense as for me. Plans can change 10 times in six months. Something else may happen that it will not work at all. And that, all plans down the drain, all reservations to cancel. And how the children will be upset!

texas211
09-08-2020, 09:43 PM
Well, this will be nonsense as for me. Plans can change 10 times in six months. Something else may happen that it will not work at all. And that, all plans down the drain, all reservations to cancel. And how the children will be upset!

Yeah, and under normal circumstances, availability of fp and reservations change that frequently to, so you can always improve your lie so to speak.

azcavalier
09-20-2020, 09:27 AM
I'm still waiting for restroom reservations.

OK, that's funny. Sarcastic, but funny.

iheartdisney
09-20-2020, 10:43 AM
That's a great question. I didn't realize that's how it is (always has been?) at Disneyland. I'd love to hear your thoughts on pros and cons.