PDA

View Full Version : is Vero Beach or Hilton Head better

Crow
06-15-2020, 05:01 PM
if I ever use my DVC points for something other than WDW, which of these two places is better.

faline
06-16-2020, 11:00 AM
What I liked about HIlton Head is that there are a number of dining/shopping establishments you can easily walk to from the resort. Additionally, it is fairly easy to drive to Charlotte or Savanna to explore those areas. The beach is nice as is the pool area by the beach. What I didn't like is that you need to take a shuttle from the resort to get to the beach.

What I liked about Vero Beach is easy ocean access from the resort. Pretty much - step out the door and you are there. The pool area is nice and there is a small mini-golf area as well. What I didn't like is that there are limited dining options in the area and not many other tourist areas to explore within a reasonable distance.

Crow
06-16-2020, 06:15 PM
thank you very much for this info. when i bought into DC last year it was mainly to use it at WDW, but i thought hey i can use it for DL and VB or HH. the others are not a good use i have read.

Simba's Mom
06-21-2020, 02:03 PM
What I've been told by people who've done both (we've just done HHI, MANY times) is that for young kids, the beach is more "gentle" at HHI. We're not beach people (3 bouts with skin cancer have dulled DH's love for the beach), but we love the nature of HHI.