PDA

View Full Version : Did this happen to anyone else?

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
06-03-2020, 01:50 PM
We had our two Disney Springs restuarant ADRs for August 11th and 12th cancelled on us by Disney themsevles. No explanation and not sure why?

imprttuner88
06-03-2020, 01:53 PM
Disney is canceling all ADR’s as well as DDP’s through Sept 2021. I just got a refund for my Aug trip on the DDP and am seriously reconsidering as I hate on big trips not using it to have options of my kids getting anything they want off the menu basically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kathkwilts
06-03-2020, 02:19 PM
Disney is canceling all ADR’s as well as DDP’s through Sept 2021. I just got a refund for my Aug trip on the DDP and am seriously reconsidering as I hate on big trips not using it to have options of my kids getting anything they want off the menu basically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They did the same thing to me for all of my upcoming trips. I cancelled my resort rezzies, as I don't want to go to DisneyWorld with no dinner plans and no idea if we can get into the parks. Congrats on the reopening, WDW, but how are you gonna do that when everyone cancels on you?

joanna71985
06-03-2020, 02:55 PM
Yup. I had a reservation at Hoop for my birthday on July 15th, and it was cancelled :(

bleen3162
06-03-2020, 05:43 PM
We also had our dinner reservations cancelled for August...and they were great times! Fast Passes have all been cancelled too. We are very disappointed at how this is turning out and hearing you will need to make a reservation to get into the parks! Who knows how many hours you will be allowed in the park and no park hopping. Soooo, today we cancelled our August trip! But we don't want to be guinea pigs as to how this is going to work, considering how much we paid and definitely don't want to be wearing face masks in August weather!

PopPhan
06-03-2020, 08:06 PM
All dining, FP+ and Park Hopping has been canceled through the end of 2020. Once it resumes, if it resumes, there will be a different plan and set-up.

1DisneyNut
06-04-2020, 12:43 PM
It would suit me just fine if they never restarted FP+ or dining reservations again. Who knows, maybe they will take advantage of this opportunity and roll back a bunch of the FP+ non-sense. They have known they created a mess for a while but had painted themselves into a corner. There is a reason why they have never rolled the same FP+ system out to other parks. I would like to see the WDW FP+ system changed to the system used a Disneyland where you can't schedule fastpasses until you are physically standing inside the park. It would be great if dining was set up the same way.

Cinderelley
06-07-2020, 07:21 PM
All dining, FP+ and Park Hopping has been canceled through the end of 2020. Once it resumes, if it resumes, there will be a different plan and set-up.

Do you think we will just walk up to restaurants and ask to be put on a list? I had promised my friend's kids a Disney World trip over their Christmas break complete with Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and breakfast at Akershush. I always try to keep my word, but this is going to be a doozy.

ThanxForNoticin
06-08-2020, 01:40 PM
Do you think we will just walk up to restaurants and ask to be put on a list? I had promised my friend's kids a Disney World trip over their Christmas break complete with Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and breakfast at Akershush. I always try to keep my word, but this is going to be a doozy.

No thoughts regarding FP+ or Park Hopping returning in 2020, but seems very likely the dining reservations will open up again (if they haven't already) - just with a clean slate (with all previous reservations being cancelled) due to the reduced numbers they'll allow in the restaurants for the near future. But since information continues to only trickle out, I guess that remains to be seen.

PopPhan
06-08-2020, 03:13 PM

Yeah, it will definitely be a doozy.

Who knows, at this point. I can only say what I have been reading from the Disney blogs. With the way things are changing, almost daily, they could reinstate some sort of reservation system by then. BBB would be more a concern than dining, but again, things change.

Hopefully, hopping will be allowed again by that time. If not, you may spend a LONG day in EPCOT for your Akershus breakfast day.

Wayne
06-08-2020, 05:35 PM
You know, for the longest time in EPCOT you made dining reservations the morning of your visit if you were a day guest. Resort guests had the ability to reserve the a day ahead. That system worked well until Eisner & Company decided to build out too many resorts. So I would have no problem returning to this system. I also would have no problem returning to day of visit Fast Passes if we even have to have fast passes in the first place. I've never been a fan of planning where and when I am going to be in the World several months out. It takes all of the fun and spontaneity out of a vacation. Just my opinion.

Cinderelley
06-09-2020, 06:04 AM
You know, for the longest time in EPCOT you made dining reservations the morning of your visit if you were a day guest. Resort guests had the ability to reserve the a day ahead. That system worked well until Eisner & Company decided to build out too many resorts. So I would have no problem returning to this system. I also would have no problem returning to day of visit Fast Passes if we even have to have fast passes in the first place. I've never been a fan of planning where and when I am going to be in the World several months out. It takes all of the fun and spontaneity out of a vacation. Just my opinion.

I would be okay with this. It is just not knowing that gets to me. I'm one of those people who has my life planned out for 5 years out. :P

Cinderelley
06-09-2020, 06:05 AM
Yeah, it will definitely be a doozy.

Who knows, at this point. I can only say what I have been reading from the Disney blogs. With the way things are changing, almost daily, they could reinstate some sort of reservation system by then. BBB would be more a concern than dining, but again, things change.

Hopefully, hopping will be allowed again by that time. If not, you may spend a LONG day in EPCOT for your Akershus breakfast day.

Well, one good thing is that they have never been to Disney World. If I had enough and we skipped out, they wouldn't know what they were missing. :P

texas211
06-18-2020, 06:29 PM
They'll come up with some digital thing. Either reservations or maybe a virtual line. Course, everyone will get corona from using the same charger banks. :)

CaptSmee
06-22-2020, 11:14 AM

We got an email saying reservations will be available again after the new park reservation is in place an we will have priority access because we had exiting reservations. We got our parks today, hoping to receive something about dining soon even though we will scale it back without the dining plan and use Mobil order more often