PDA

View Full Version : Changes to the parks

Disney-Nut
04-26-2020, 08:44 AM
Just curious, are they still moving forward with the building of the new attractions (tron, ratatouille, gurdians...etc) or did they stop all?

Polynesian Dweller
04-26-2020, 11:39 AM
There is no construction at Disney at the current time.

NewDVCowner
04-26-2020, 11:39 AM
I’ve heard that all construction has been stopped. Those three rides will eventually get finished, I’m sure. Some of the more recent announcements that they haven’t started yet (or barely started, ie Refections) might get put on indefinite hold. But that’s just my guess.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-30-2020, 06:08 PM
I was thinking about how long it took to build what finally became Art of Animation after the horrific events of September 11th, and it makes me wonder how long some of the current projects will be delayed as demand will be lower than planned.

baldburke
05-01-2020, 12:14 PM
I was thinking about how long it took to build what finally became Art of Animation after the horrific events of September 11th, and it makes me wonder how long some of the current projects will be delayed as demand will be lower than planned.

I remember going to Pop and seeing the unfinished and future AoA across the water. I would guess that Disney would finish any construction in progress as to not raise grumbles from visiting guests. However, it should be interesting to see what the current shutdown does with respect to future capital based on most revenue. My guess the that Disney will limp through 2021 as it celebrates the 50th anniversary of WDW. However, I would bet they deep six most major un-started projects until the the second half of this decade.

JPPT1974
05-01-2020, 10:40 PM
Just hope that they can open before 2021. Really feel bad for those workers that had to be let go. You have to be feeling bad for them.

texas211
05-03-2020, 07:12 PM
They should bring back Body Wars, corona edition. Educational, relevant, a good ride to begin with.

RunDMV
05-05-2020, 07:10 AM
I work at a major airport. We have used the lack of passengers (95% reduction) to ACCELERATE construction.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-05-2020, 09:43 AM
I work at a major airport. We have used the lack of passengers (95% reduction) to ACCELERATE construction.

Our city has done that as well, since there is such a reduction in road traffic, they have moved up repair projects to now ... seems like a great idea to me.

texas211
05-10-2020, 07:25 PM
With disney books look as they do, whew, i bet a lot will be on hold. Maybe refurbs will hold off, who knows. Depends on how well GotG and Frozen masks sell. :)