PDA

View Full Version : We should be landing now :(

Giggy
04-25-2020, 03:11 PM
25th April was our planned arrival day for WDW. It’s always a mad day, 5am wake up, 90 minute journey from our home town to Manchester Airport for our plane, a 9-10 hour flight, land mid-afternoon in Orlando. Once we get to our hotel we let things slow down for the evening, going to find somewhere quick to eat - often and IHOP or a Denny’s and maybe a quick swim before getting an early night ready for Magic Kingdom in the morning.

I’m working as a doctor at my local hospital in Respiratory/Internal Medicine and with the current situation they have understandably wanted to increase Resident cover out of hours, so I am now doing a night shift tonight instead. Not nearly looking forward to this new plan as much!

Obviously feeling very disappointed today but trying to look towards the rearranged trip, whenever that would be. This trip was planned to be my wife’s first visit to Disney and also roughly tied in with our first wedding anniversary. Provisionally thinking we could rearrange for 12 months time when hopefully things have calmed down. I guess when we get there it will feel extra special.

TheVBs
04-25-2020, 09:51 PM
So sorry! It's still incredibly surreal that the parks are actually closed. You will get your trip! We're giving ourselves the same pep talk. We've planned for late August, but are expecting to have to cancel.

And thank you for the amazing work you're doing and helping others! There aren't enough words for how much it's appreciated.

Last but definitely not least, happy anniversary! I hope you're still able to make some special memories.