PDA

View Full Version : Re-opening on Jan 1?

Cinderelley
04-24-2020, 03:11 AM
I was reading an article on the internet that reported

"Swiss banking giant UBS told clients Monday that Walt Disney Co. is likely to wait until Jan. 1 to open its theme parks and predicted the Burbank media company will see only about 50% of 2019 attendance.".

I don't know how UBS is related to Disney or how they would know when the park would be reopening. I just thought it was interesting that someone gave a date.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/when-will-disneyland-and-other-parks-reopen-how-will-they-keep-visitors-safe/ar-BB136y3P?ocid=ientp

dnickels
04-24-2020, 10:02 AM
I was reading an article on the internet that reported

"Swiss banking giant UBS told clients Monday that Walt Disney Co. is likely to wait until Jan. 1 to open its theme parks and predicted the Burbank media company will see only about 50% of 2019 attendance.".

I don't know how UBS is related to Disney or how they would know when the park would be reopening. I just thought it was interesting that someone gave a date.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/when-will-disneyland-and-other-parks-reopen-how-will-they-keep-visitors-safe/ar-BB136y3P?ocid=ientp

Since UBS is a bank they're probably providing that estimate / guidance as a stock analyst. I doubt they know that date for certain, just like an analyst doesn't know exactly how much Disney will earn per quarter, but they make their best guess based on the info they have.

It's certainly a plausible date as there's a lot of belief that large gatherings like sporting events won't be able to resume this fall until there's a vaccine and Disney welcoming over 100k people per day to its parks is another large gathering place.

Zippy 1
04-24-2020, 12:26 PM
Until Disney puts out a statement about reopening I will not give credence to what a marketing analysis is saying.

joanna71985
04-25-2020, 02:04 PM
I doubt it will take that long to reopen

waymickey
04-27-2020, 10:44 PM
I imagine when it reopens it will be at very limited capacity. Virtual ques, 50% dinning capacity and no meet and greets. It will be a whole new world for sure.

texas211
05-03-2020, 07:13 PM
I bet WDW opens before DL though. It'll be easier to see if the Asian sites open.

PinKy
05-14-2020, 03:27 PM
That is an interesting article. I'm curious to find out what happens with their opening dates as we get closer to June. We have July reservations and right now our plans have not yet been canceled - but they may be - we're just waiting....