PDA

View Full Version : Do you think there will be discounts?

Cinderelley
03-20-2020, 10:46 PM
When Disney finally reopens their parks, do you think there will be discounts?

magicofdisney
03-21-2020, 12:05 PM
On Twitter yesterday, someone posted a screen shot of Disney pushing 25% off discounts for the end of August.

First, I'll be happily surprised if they're fully up and running at that point.
Second, 25% is a fairly standard discount. I guess it depends on the public's response as to whether discounts will end up being steeper than that.

Zippy 1
03-21-2020, 02:15 PM
There may be discounts but I also see another price increase. I don't think they will have a problem getting people back in the parks when they open

PopPhan
03-21-2020, 02:48 PM
I honestly think more people will be concerned with flying than with going to the parks. A lot of people will have a fear of being cooped up in a 'tin tube' with 200 other people for hours at a time than wandering around an open air facility.

Will there be discounts? Very possibly, but possibly not. Who knows what is going through/will go throuogh the Disney "bean counters" heads in the next few months?

mrte62
03-21-2020, 03:45 PM
I think that many folks will be having serious financial issues, so a trip to Disney (no matter how they get there) and whether there are discounts or not, won't be a priority....

bleen3162
03-21-2020, 04:49 PM
I doubt there will be any discounts other than the usual % off room rates and I bet there will be major price increases all around. After all, Disney will have to recoup these weeks of looses. That being said, I have a trip planned in August to celebrate my nieces 16th birthday. I'm hoping and praying that everything is settled down by then. Here's to magical wishes!

RunDMV
03-21-2020, 07:50 PM
There may be discounts but I also see another price increase. I don't think they will have a problem getting people back in the parks when they open

I disagree. There are going to be, unfortunately, millions of financially stressed households who are going to have trouble just getting along, much less paying thousands for a vacation.

texas211
03-22-2020, 10:46 AM
By August? Is the virus suddenly gone by Aug? Is the economy suddenly fixed by then? I'll leave my hopes on the more likely scenario, Walt coming back to life to steer the company in the right direction. Also, rebuild Horizons.

NewDVCowner
03-22-2020, 11:37 AM
I agree. The economy is tanking. We’re well on our way to another major recession, possibly a full depreciation. That’s going to be a long ongoing hit that will bring discounts to the people that could afford the trip.

bleen3162
03-22-2020, 05:38 PM
Oh well...if we have to reschedule, we will. I already had trip cancelled for next week so no I wouldn't be surprised. The most important thing is for everyone to stay safe.

texas211
03-23-2020, 10:30 AM
I agree. The economy is tanking. We’re well on our way to another major recession, possibly a full depreciation. That’s going to be a long ongoing hit that will bring discounts to the people that could afford the trip.

More like a depression. 30% unemployment then. We'll beat that. With the gov shutting everything down. Banks may fail with all of the mortgages b/c you know they didn't adjust their behavior in 2008 sufficiently.

texas211
03-23-2020, 10:32 AM

More like a depression. 30% unemployment then. We'll beat that. With the gov shutting everything down. Banks may fail with all of the mortgages b/c you know they didn't adjust their behavior in 2008 sufficiently.

MNNHFLTX
03-25-2020, 11:20 PM
I believe things will eventually rebound with the economy and therefore with Disney. But by August? I'm not sure of that. And if I'm honest, I just can't think about that now. Living in the moment and what's important right now.

texas211
03-26-2020, 11:51 AM
I believe things will eventually rebound with the economy and therefore with Disney. But by August? I'm not sure of that. And if I'm honest, I just can't think about that now. Living in the moment and what's important right now.

I've been thinking down here, when hurricane and tornado season kicks up (now) and starts sending people to shelters and such... New concentrated spots.

But August? 2029 maybe. Disney should allow for you to start signing up for FP now.. :)

brownie
03-28-2020, 09:59 AM
Way too early to think about this with all that's going on and the resorts closed indefinitely.

Cinderelley
03-28-2020, 11:17 AM
Way too early to think about this with all that's going on and the resorts closed indefinitely.

Is it ever really too early to daydream about being at Disney?

magicofdisney
03-28-2020, 01:42 PM
I keep seeing aerial photos on Twitter of deserted parks. It's surreal. Never thought I'd see these things in my lifetime.

TheVBs
03-28-2020, 02:21 PM
The uncertainty is difficult. We're still hoping our late August trip will happen. But, honestly, doing the day to day thing here too. Of all the things that are important right now, getting to Disney - as much as we would love to - is not topping the list.

buzznwoodysmom
03-28-2020, 04:26 PM
My guess is that they may have to offer discounts/incentives at first to get people coming back. Many will be afraid to travel and even more will not have the means to travel due to lost jobs and wages during this time.

But once the parks are up and running and people start vacationing again I can see prices skyrocketing across the board to try and make up for the losses!

texas211
03-30-2020, 03:41 PM
Incentive: Free mickey hand sanitizer.

Also, bring back my individual soaps so I don't have to touch community bottles :)

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-30-2020, 05:44 PM
Bring back my individual soaps so I don't have to touch community bottles :)

Yes! Totally Yes! Get rid of those gross big bottles!

And I think there will have to be some discounts in the months to come, once we're finally allowed back to something sort-of normal. Too many people will use their vacation money to get through the weeks/months ahead, with not much left over for a vacation.

magicofdisney
03-31-2020, 12:09 PM
Yes! Totally Yes! Get rid of those gross big bottles!

And I think there will have to be some discounts in the months to come, once we're finally allowed back to something sort-of normal. Too many people will use their vacation money to get through the weeks/months ahead, with not much left over for a vacation.
My thoughts exactly.