PDA

View Full Version : POR - Alligator Bayou

We LOVE Disney
02-09-2020, 03:43 PM
Hi there. We call POR or 2nd home but haven't been since 2018.

I was watching a YouTube video of POR and it looks like the floors aren't carpet anymore. So I was wondering, has there been refurbishments since summer of 2018? If so, has it been every room in the AB section?

Thanks!

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

We LOVE Disney
02-09-2020, 03:52 PM
BTW, it looks like they brought back the storage space under the beds, which would be AWESOME!!!! So, I'm hoping I'm seeing that the rooms HAVE been refurbished [emoji4]

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

bleen3162
02-09-2020, 06:24 PM
I think most, if not all, the resorts will have the carpeting replaced by laminate floor covering. I haven't seen it yet, in person, that is but I will be at POFQ the end of March. I understand it is easier for mouse keeping to take care of. I've heard guests like it.

Jeff
02-10-2020, 09:22 AM
Our party of 6 stayed in POR AB end of December. Due to assignment mix up we switched rooms once so we saw a total of 4 rooms in building 24, all had laminate flooring.
I don’t think there was storage under the beds, if so we weren’t smart enough to use it!:confused:

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-10-2020, 01:08 PM
Yes, all of the rooms except the mansion rooms are now renovated. We stayed in a renovated room on our last trip, and were surprised that we LOVED the floor ... I was worried a bit about it, but the room looked awesome and it was still "home" ... or at least down the river from "home". The beds are higher, which is good (under bed storage) and bad, at least for me, I felt like I was climbing a hill to get into bed!