PDA

View Full Version : Gluten Free Dining

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-06-2020, 09:40 AM
My sister has to be totally gluten free. Anyone out there on a gluten free diet who's had good and bad experiences please let me know. She is really looking over menus but I know first hand experiences count a log. Thanks in advance.

azcavalier
02-06-2020, 10:16 AM
My wife is gluten-free, though it sounds, not quite as much as your sister. But if you mark it on your ADRs, then the chef will usually come out and talk with you about the menu. One of our best experiences was at The Plaza in the MK. The chef came out and my wife made the comment, "Oh, i'll just order a salad and it'll be ok." He responded with, "NO. You order what you want, and i'll make it great." So, she ordered a burger, and it was indeed, great. He took a gluten-free bun and grilled it in a little olive oil to change the texture.

I think your sister will have a great experience. Disney knows how to handle this.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-06-2020, 10:23 AM
My wife is gluten-free, though it sounds, not quite as much as your sister. But if you mark it on your ADRs, then the chef will usually come out and talk with you about the menu. One of our best experiences was at The Plaza in the MK. The chef came out and my wife made the comment, "Oh, i'll just order a salad and it'll be ok." He responded with, "NO. You order what you want, and i'll make it great." So, she ordered a burger, and it was indeed, great. He took a gluten-free bun and grilled it in a little olive oil to change the texture.

I think your sister will have a great experience. Disney knows how to handle this.

I've tried to reassure he I've heard they are great

Figment!
02-06-2020, 12:31 PM
Last several trips have been with a friend with a food allergy and the Chefs and Dining Staff have always been very accommodating.

Table Service is the easiest to accommodate a food allergy or dietary need. As mentioned above, if you place a note on your ADR or mention it at check-in; the Chef will review the menu with you table side and discuss options. "Allergy" menus are available, however; its best to review with a Chef to make sure a Guest's specific needs are addressed and all dish ingredients are reviewed.

Counter Service can be a little trickier, but still accommodating. Generally, I have seen where they can provide you with a full ingredient list for all of the items, however; accommodations may be more limited due to the prepared nature of many of the options.

PunzelBelle
02-16-2020, 04:35 PM
My sister has to be totally gluten free. Anyone out there on a gluten free diet who's had good and bad experiences please let me know. She is really looking over menus but I know first hand experiences count a log. Thanks in advance.

This website has been the most helpful for me in combating allergies etc.

http://www.allergyfreemouse.com/2019/03/new-dole-whip-flavors-at-the-magic-kingdom-top-8-free/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-19-2020, 01:09 PM
Thanks everyone