PDA

View Full Version : Parking

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-04-2020, 12:24 PM
:confused: Am I reading it right that you now have to pay for parking when you stay at a Disney resort? Is it not included in your reservation cost for your room or do you have to pay on top of that when checking out? I am not liking this:down:

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-04-2020, 12:28 PM
I think I should have posted this under resorts, sorry

ThanxForNoticin
02-04-2020, 01:22 PM
It's true. Unless you are staying on a DVC reservation, there is a daily parking fee. I can't tell you immediately what they are, but I think it's tier-based on the resort you are staying at - probably $15-$20 per day. The more expensive the resort, the more expensive the parking.

magicofdisney
02-04-2020, 02:37 PM
At a value, it's $15 per night. The fee is added at the end of your stay. How they know you're driving is anyone's guess. For all they knew, I was using an Uber last week when I checked in.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-04-2020, 08:02 PM
Yes, there is an overnight parking charge at Disney resorts. The most recent charges are:
Disney Value Resorts: $15 per night
Disney Moderate Resorts: $20 per night
Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts: $25 per night

Those staying on DVC points, and those with a handicap plaque don't pay.

wilcat
02-05-2020, 06:44 AM
Do you still pay for parking if you use Magical Express to get to the resorts?

dnickels
02-05-2020, 10:07 AM
Do you still pay for parking if you use Magical Express to get to the resorts?

Nope. :) Just for people bringing a vehicle, so those who use Magical Express don't pay for parking.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-05-2020, 11:40 AM
My mom who is coming with us has a handicap decal we use, so we don't pay if we use that?

Bass T-bone
02-06-2020, 07:48 AM
I'm not see seeing any exemption for Handicapped parking on Disney's Website. I would call the resort directly and ask.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-06-2020, 09:37 AM
Yes, I'm not really sure why handicapped would be exempt. It would be nice though

ThanxForNoticin
02-06-2020, 12:37 PM
Well, I'm pretty sure valet parking is free at Disney resorts for handicapped-identified vehicles. I'm not 100% certain all resorts have valet, but many do.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-06-2020, 01:29 PM
Thanks

ThanxForNoticin
02-06-2020, 03:51 PM
The latest list I can find for resorts offering valet is GF, Poly, CR, B&Y Clubs, BW, Wild L, and AKL. If you are at the All Stars, that might not help. But if you have any reason to go to any of these resorts (perhaps for dinner), you can valet for free.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-06-2020, 09:30 PM
You don't pay for parking if you have a handicap plaque/plate. They shouldn't charge you at all, but if they do, just let the front desk know and they will remove the charges.

magicofdisney
02-07-2020, 10:36 AM
The latest list I can find for resorts offering valet is GF, Poly, CR, B&Y Clubs, BW, Wild L, and AKL. If you are at the All Stars, that might not help. But if you have any reason to go to any of these resorts (perhaps for dinner), you can valet for free.
I never knew you could valet for free with dinner reservations. That's nice to know.

We LOVE Disney
02-09-2020, 06:53 AM
Yes, there is an overnight parking charge at Disney resorts. The most recent charges are:
Disney Value Resorts: $15 per night
Disney Moderate Resorts: $20 per night
Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts: $25 per night

Those staying on DVC points, and those with a handicap plaque don't pay.What about annual pass holders?

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

magicofdisney
02-09-2020, 07:43 PM
What about annual pass holders?

Passholders can only park free at the parks, not the resorts. :(

We LOVE Disney
02-09-2020, 10:11 PM
I guess I should ask what if we are staying at the resort, not just parking for the day? Would passholders still need to pay to park their vehicle?

Doesn't make sense that we would not have to pay to park at the parks, but we would at the resort [emoji848]

dnickels
02-10-2020, 10:23 AM
I guess I should ask what if we are staying at the resort, not just parking for the day? Would passholders still need to pay to park their vehicle?

Doesn't make sense that we would not have to pay to park at the parks, but we would at the resort [emoji848]

Yes passholders still have to pay for parking when staying at a resort.

ThanxForNoticin
02-10-2020, 11:42 AM

I think your annual pass is associated with the parks - so they include parking at the parks.

Sadly, I expect the pay-to-park thing is here to stay at the resorts - and will probably only continue to get more expensive in the future. Unfortunately, it's become a bit of a norm for many resorts, including many in the Orlando area. I think it must pay for all that snow removal they need to account for from Disney parking lots!

We LOVE Disney
02-10-2020, 08:21 PM
Yes passholders still have to pay for parking when staying at a resort.Ok, ugh!! Thank you.