PDA

View Full Version : Construction getting tiresome

ThanxForNoticin
02-03-2020, 04:12 PM
We just spent 8 nights at Disney and had a great time. But it's really getting a bit old to have all the cranes and walls and detours around WDW all the time. I know it's off-season, and it's usually when things are updated. But it's been crazy the past few years, not just during the off-season times - it is so non-Disney in the appearance.

This trip, we stayed at 2 resorts - both with perfect views of construction cranes out our windows. Every park has cranes and/or significant walls up throughout the park. Walls at Downtown Disney. Roads detoured around resorts.... At some point, it would be awesome to do a trip and not see the cranes as part of the skyline - maybe another year or 2? I sure hope so.

magicofdisney
02-03-2020, 04:26 PM
We were at Music last week. Even parts of our hotel were under construction. I didn't realize I had somehow gotten into the middle of a construction zone (no signs for redirection) until I was standing in the middle of a bunch of hard hats giving me odd looks ("What are you doing here lady??" - they said with their eyes).

I don't remember seeing this much overall enhancement at one time, in the past. I know it's all leading to good stuff (I hope!). But like New York City, Disney will never be "finished".

Zippy 1
02-03-2020, 06:50 PM
Disney is in the midst of getting everything ready for the 50th anniversary next year. Lots going on to get everything spiffy

baldburke
02-04-2020, 11:57 AM
Disney is in the midst of getting everything ready for the 50th anniversary next year. Lots going on to get everything spiffy

My thoughts exactly! Bring on 2021!

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-06-2020, 09:32 PM
I don't know if we've ever had a trip without some construction going on somewhere. Still, I think 2021 will be year of less construction as they celebrate 50 years!