PDA

View Full Version : Getting healthier prior to trip

Disney Doodle
01-26-2020, 02:35 AM
Does anyone else go to extra lengths to get fit prior to their trips? Several months prior to our trip to WDW my husband and myself will increase our exercise levels. We are already fairly active for our age doing exercise classes, swimming and walking, but will go for long walks in the evenings after work and then even longer walks at the weekend on the run-up to our trips. We eat healthier as well to try and lose a few pounds in weight (less to carry around the parks). I just want to be able to enjoy every moment of our trip and not want to hold up the younger members of our party. I have a saying "fit for Florida" when my dear husband complains but he thinks I am either crazy or trying to kill him.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-26-2020, 07:35 PM
I think a lot of people do the same thing ... Disney can be quite the physical vacation!

BrowncatP
01-30-2020, 06:05 PM
Always. First I need to lose a few pounds before a trip. Exercise to get in better shape for all the standing and walking. Go to sleep earlier to be well rested. Have yogurt everyday. Try to stay away from anyone that seems sick. Also try to avoid anyone when then cough.

ThanxForNoticin
02-04-2020, 01:20 PM
Absolutely. Days in the parks are lots and lots of walking! Better to be prepared. I also like to drop a few pounds before a trip. But I must be honest - it's so I can make room for the extra treats I'll be eating on the trip! I confess!! Apparently, even 20,000 steps isn't enough to counter all the drinks and sweets I partake in at the EPCOT festivals!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-06-2020, 11:53 AM
I'm having weight loss surgery in the next couple of months and although its not because of the trip I certainly have thought how much easier it will be to get around with less weight. I've told my future daughter in law we need to start walking a couple of months before we go.