PDA

View Full Version : Boarding Pass question for ROTR in Hollywood Studios

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
01-21-2020, 05:24 PM
Does anyone know how many boarding passes are given out in a one day period?

Figment!
01-21-2020, 07:21 PM
I don't believe Disney publishes the number, but it seemed like during Marathon weekend there were ~ 130 boarding groups distributed each day.

The groups around 100 and above seemed like they were the "stand-by" groups were you had to wait to see if your group would be called that day or not.

Giggy
01-22-2020, 11:55 AM
I'm sure there are no numbers published but from what anyone has seen, do those with reserve group boarding passes usually get to ride or not? ie: If you have a reserve group pass do you have a high chance or a low chance of being able to ride?

I guess to a point it probably depends on whether the ride goes down with a fault that day?

Figment!
01-23-2020, 09:13 AM
I guess to a point it probably depends on whether the ride goes down with a fault that day?

Yes, this seems to be the primary factor.

Based on recent experience alone, I would estimate any boarding group < 90 is generally guaranteed. They were calling groups in the mid 130's toward the end of the park hours on one evening; so I would expect that was a day with few to no break downs. :shrug:

Anthony
01-24-2020, 03:25 PM
Touring Plans has the numbers. It has been going down a lot, so the range is like 120 to 170 daily. On 1/21 they only made it to 56. They are also not starting at 1 every day. Last Saturday they started at 7 and I had group 8. Two Saturdays ago my group 25 was called at about 8:30. Friend of mine had 145 and he was called at 8pm.

dsmichelle29
02-02-2020, 12:20 AM
We rode 01/25 and the app actually said groups 96+ would not be guaranteed that day. We thought it was weird since we had been hearing 120+. We were group 85 and were called near 4pm. They got well above 96 groups that day so not sure why the low estimate unless it was just a precaution.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

ThanxForNoticin
02-03-2020, 12:30 PM
We rode 01/25 and the app actually said groups 96+ would not be guaranteed that day. We thought it was weird since we had been hearing 120+. We were group 85 and were called near 4pm. They got well above 96 groups that day so not sure why the low estimate unless it was just a precaution.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

There are reports that the don't 'guarantee' after a certain point so they're not responsible for providing compensation to guests if it doesn't happen. But I'm not clear if they're even offering compensation. Like a couple weeks ago when it was down a good bit of the day - do they offer passes or something to folks who were 'guaranteed', but didn't ride?

Sure am looking forward to when they do away with this boarding group approach - but I suspect it's going to be in place for awhile yet. At least they've added Smuggler's Run to the fast pass options now. That's an indicator that perhaps they'll eventually make ROTR available with fast pass, too - or at least allow stand-by folks.

Pooh Fan
02-05-2020, 03:37 PM
Seems to vary somewhat from what I have seen but when I was there last week it said any boarding passes beyond #88 were not guaranteed to be loaded that day. I had #84 and was called around 2:30pm so I'm assuming they went well beyond 88 that day. Other days when breakdowns have occurred it looked like it ended in the 30's. My best guess is that on a good day they may get about 100 in but admit i'm guessing a bit.