PDA

View Full Version : MK railroad question

epceddie
01-02-2020, 04:04 PM
Has the train ride at the MK been closed permanently? I know it was shut down for construction of the new Tron ride. Haven't heard anything about it re-opening. Would be too bad if it's gone for good.

NewDVCowner
01-02-2020, 04:21 PM
According to the refurbishment schedule that DisneyFreak posted in the News and Rumors board the railroad will reopen January 2, 2021.

CaptSmee
01-03-2020, 10:50 AM
Unlikely it will ever close permanently. Walt’s passion was for trains and its an icon for the park

Simba's Mom
01-05-2020, 01:33 PM
Unlikely it will ever close permanently. Walt’s passion was for trains and its an icon for the park

Yes, but unfortunately, Disney has veered away from many of Walt's visions/passions.

Giggy
01-05-2020, 05:56 PM
I fully expect it will be back, however the estimated return date isn't until January 2021. I guess the Tron coaster work runs too close to the line!

My 2020 trip is going to feel strange in a way, I normally love taking the railroad to get around the park... until it is back I will have to actually think about doing the rides in a sensible order, or drag around everyone else in the group walking the length of the park 10 times a day!

Anthony
01-24-2020, 03:50 PM
I would be so unhappy if it did not return, but I think they have to modify the track over by Tron. I did see people cleaning the track when I was riding the Riverboat last weekend, so they are maintaining it.

Giggy
01-28-2020, 12:29 PM
I think they have confirmed it will return, as said Walt loved trains and it was important to him that their was a train going around the park.

I had heard (not sure if official) rumours that they were going to do some work on the third segment of the journey (Fantasyland to Main Street) and add a scene in by Tomorrowland, which as probably the least eventful third of the journey could be a big plus point.