PDA

View Full Version : Dining Plan desserts

LibertyTreeGal
12-10-2019, 04:25 PM
Hey all,

Mark and I are headed back to WDW (without kids) for our 30th wedding anniversary in September 2020 and I want to do the Dining Plan but I see they have changed it to entree and dessert. That was fine last time we went but I can no longer do desserts or dairy or gluten--will they allow a salad or other appetizer as a substitution? Been looking online and not finding any guidance but I am sure other people are in the exact same boat as me and someone has definitely figured it out already :)

Thanks!

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-10-2019, 05:28 PM
This is a bit of a tough question. Officially not really. I know, not helpful. Some places will substitute a small salad or bowl of soup for the dessert, but it is rare to get an actual appetizer in place of the dessert.

More often they will create a dessert that you can have, with allergy or intolerance free ingredients, or even just a bowl of fruit (we've had that one more than once).

LibertyTreeGal
12-10-2019, 06:24 PM
Thanks! That's at least something :)

magicofdisney
12-11-2019, 08:19 AM
Hey all,

Mark and I are headed back to WDW (without kids) for our 30th wedding anniversary in September 2020 and I want to do the Dining Plan but I see they have changed it to entree and dessert. That was fine last time we went but I can no longer do desserts or dairy or gluten--will they allow a salad or other appetizer as a substitution? Been looking online and not finding any guidance but I am sure other people are in the exact same boat as me and someone has definitely figured it out already :)

Thanks!

Congratulations! My husband and I will be celebrating 30yrs in August 2020! :party:

LibertyTreeGal
12-11-2019, 09:28 AM
Congratulations! My husband and I will be celebrating 30yrs in August 2020! :party:

Congratulations to you too! Our anniversary isn't until April 2021 but no way are we going to be in the World during Spring Break lol