PDA

View Full Version : Dining plan...can I add?

Tink33333
12-01-2019, 03:15 PM
Can I add a dining plan when I arrive or must I purchase it in advance? If so, would the price be the same if I didn't purchase until arrival?

faline
12-01-2019, 03:55 PM
From the Disney Mom's Panel:

The Disney Dining Plans are very convenient and they make it possible to enjoy pre-paid meals throughout your vacation. This enables you to budget the dining portion of your vacation with ease. If you think you may be interested in purchasing a Dining Plan, you will need to make that decision at least 48 hours prior to your arrival. You'll want to note that in order to add a Disney Dining Plan, you must purchase a Magic Your Way Vacation Package which includes a Disney resort hotel room, theme park tickets, and a Dining Plan. If you are an Annual Passholder or Disney Vacation Club Member, you can also add a Dining Plan. However, you still must do so at least 48 hours prior to your arrival.

magicofdisney
12-02-2019, 12:38 PM
Does that mean an AP holder with a room-only reservation can add the dining plan as long as they do it 48hrs in advance?

deedee73
12-03-2019, 07:57 AM
Yes but understand that this changes the reservation to a package and will require full payment at 30 days out and sooner.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

magicofdisney
12-03-2019, 03:04 PM
If you can add it just 48hrs in advance, you've passed the 30-day mark. That doesn't make sense.

deedee73
12-03-2019, 03:17 PM
I was merely stating g that it can be added any time prior to 48 hours prior but it would require payment in full if done within the 39 day window. More of a reference point for others.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

NewDVCowner
12-03-2019, 10:26 PM
I don’t know about packages but when I added it as a DVC member payment was due when we booked it - even when we were several months out. May be the same for annual pass holders as well.