PDA

View Full Version : Rise of the Resistance Strategy

Dyeworks
11-28-2019, 05:27 PM
Just read that Rise of the Resistance won’t be open for Early Morning Magic (and no FP at least initially) so this throws my early morning strategy off completely for an upcoming visit. Am wondering if people are allowed to line up for a ride that’s not part of early morning before rope drop? So if one goes to Hollywood Studios at early morning opening, can they go and wait in line at Rise of the Resistance for the hour before rope drop? If not, does the line for rides not a part of early morning typically allow line-ups before rope drop at all?

Thanks for any info you can provide!

eam
11-29-2019, 08:19 AM
I don't know the answer to your question, but I am looking forward to the answer when someone responds. I just wanted to say WELCOME to Intercot. You will love it here.

PopPhan
11-29-2019, 09:24 AM
I would assume that you could go in for morning EMH and wait at the 'rope' for SW:GE. It would be a waste of the hour of EMH, but that is your hour to use as you wish. I doubt that you would be able to get right to the queue of Rise of the Resistance, but if any part of SW:GE (Baatu) is open, you could take the rest of the land in as you wait.

:welcome: to INTERCOT!!!!

Dyeworks
11-30-2019, 09:59 AM
I would assume that you could go in for morning EMH and wait at the 'rope' for SW:GE. It would be a waste of the hour of EMH, but that is your hour to use as you wish. I doubt that you would be able to get right to the queue of Rise of the Resistance, but if any part of SW:GE (Baatu) is open, you could take the rest of the land in as you wait.

:welcome: to INTERCOT!!!!

I don't think we'd just wait around unless a line was already forming for Rise during EMH. Doesn't sound like the park will accommodate that so i'll run around and do Toy Story stuff beforehand.

John
12-02-2019, 09:24 PM
I don't think we'd just wait around unless a line was already forming for Rise during EMH. Doesn't sound like the park will accommodate that so i'll run around and do Toy Story stuff beforehand.

I'm going to be the line DOES start forming. My guess on wait times for this attraction are 150-200 minutes out of the gate. But I'll have more of an opinion after I ride it Wednesday.... Tune into our social media.

DebK
12-03-2019, 08:31 AM
I'm going to be the line DOES start forming. My guess on wait times for this attraction are 150-200 minutes out of the gate. But I'll have more of an opinion after I ride it Wednesday.... Tune into our social media.

Thanks, John! Can't wait to see your coverage. Be sure to let the ride sissies of the world (Like me, ha ha!) know what this "drop" is like in the ride description.....

OfficeNut
12-12-2019, 10:42 AM
From another website that I trust implicitly, here is what you HAVE to do if you plan on riding Rise of the Resistance anytime in the near future...

- A Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group is currently required in order to experience the ride. There is no standby line for those without a valid boarding group.

- To be eligible to join a boarding group, you must have scanned your valid ticket/MagicBand at the Park entrance. This is true for all members of a party who plan to join a boarding group. One person can’t go to the Park, scan in, and sign everyone in their party up for a boarding group if the other members are back in the room sleeping. Or even if they’re just farther back in line and haven’t yet scanned.

- To join a boarding group, you either press the “Join Boarding Group” button on the first screen that opens on the My Disney Experience app, or see one of the Guest Experience Team/Guest Services cast members, who will be standing just inside the Park.

- In the week since Rise of the Resistance opened, all boarding group spots have filled before 9am every day.

CaptSmee
12-12-2019, 09:08 PM
From another website that I trust implicitly, here is what you HAVE to do if you plan on riding Rise of the Resistance anytime in the near future...

- A Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group is currently required in order to experience the ride. There is no standby line for those without a valid boarding group.

- To be eligible to join a boarding group, you must have scanned your valid ticket/MagicBand at the Park entrance. This is true for all members of a party who plan to join a boarding group. One person can’t go to the Park, scan in, and sign everyone in their party up for a boarding group if the other members are back in the room sleeping. Or even if they’re just farther back in line and haven’t yet scanned.

- To join a boarding group, you either press the “Join Boarding Group” button on the first screen that opens on the My Disney Experience app, or see one of the Guest Experience Team/Guest Services cast members, who will be standing just inside the Park.

- In the week since Rise of the Resistance opened, all boarding group spots have filled before 9am every day.

Rode it today. All of this is accurate but today they were gone by 7:15am
My suggestion get there at least an hour before park opening minimum. The line was huge at 6:20 this morning