PDA

View Full Version : Disney outpricing me!

PetefromRI
10-25-2019, 02:12 PM
Staying at Wyndham Gardens in May! First time not staying in Disney. Is it easy to grab a bus from Disney Springs to a park or is it even possible? Anyone stay here before? About 600.00 cheaper than Art of Anim. after cost from airport for 7 nights.

NewDVCowner
10-25-2019, 02:24 PM
I'm pretty sure that buses from Disney Springs don't go to a park. You can take a bus from the Springs to a resort and then from there take a bus to the park, or walk over to Saratoga Springs and take a bus.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
10-25-2019, 02:39 PM
One-way bus service from the 4 Disney theme parks operates daily from 4:00 PM until 11:00 PM or 2 hours after theme parks close, whichever is earlier.

The above was directly from Disney's website. I would take it to mean you can get Disney transportation from any of the 4 parks TO Disney Springs (during the prescribed times) but that buses do not run from Disney Springs to the theme parks, only to the hotels (see below, again from Disney's site).

Bus service from Disney Resort hotels operates from 45 minutes before opening until 1:00 AM.
Return service to Disney Resort hotels ends at 2:00 AM

disney obsessed
10-25-2019, 06:00 PM
I have. The location is right across the street from downtown disney. There is a walkway over the road at the corner. Walk to the bus is maybe 10 min. I thought it was easy.

PetefromRI
10-25-2019, 07:00 PM
Thanks,sounds good to me,how was the resort?

DizneyFreak2002
10-25-2019, 07:03 PM
Wyndham Gardens?? Is this hotel on Hotel Plaza Blvd??? Is it a partner hotel??? If it is, they may have bus service from the hotel to the parks...

CaptSmee
10-30-2019, 11:46 AM
If you didn’t want to drive I would bus it to the closest resort from Disney springs to the park your visiting and switch buses. Leaving the parks they go straight to Disney springs

lawgirl
10-30-2019, 04:42 PM
We've stayed at several of the Disney partner hotels on Hotel Plaza Blvd. We've walked to the Wyndham from Disney Springs and its a very easy walk. We rented a car from that hotel while staying off-property and I thought it was nice. I didn't see inside a hotel room, but the lobby area is nice and everyone was very friendly. We've stayed at the Hilton Buena Vista Palace which is right across the street from DS and there is a shuttle bus that goes to the parks that services all the Hotel Plaza/ Disney partner hotels. Be sure to check the schedule as they run less frequently than Disney buses, but we found it to be very convenient and also very convenient to walk to DS. Another option is always to walk to the DS bus stop and head to a Disney resort...if you head to the Contemporary its a 5 minute walk to MK. For the money, we love the Disney partner hotels. It is so much more reasonable than Disney hotels, and they all have Disney gift shops and shuttle buses. I think the Wyndham even has a Disney character brunch.

lawgirl
10-30-2019, 04:46 PM
To clarify- we did a split stay at POR and Hilton GVC Sea World. It worked out great- we took the Magic Express from the airport to POR, then the next day took the DS bus and walked over to the Wyndham to pick up a rental car. It was super convenient and very close to DS. We didn't stay at the Wyndham, but the lobby and landscaping was very nice. I'll have to say the Hilton GVC Sea World was very nice...it was a 12 minute drive to Epcot, and we had a 2 bedroom villa with a full kitchen, 2 bathrooms and a laundry room. And decorated beautifully- granite and marble everywhere. It was about $275 a night for 6 of us. Not quite as close, but so convenient and huge for the price.

JPPT1974
10-30-2019, 07:56 PM
Busing would be better than that of trying to drive and look for a parking space if you drove a car.

disney1026
12-20-2019, 02:55 PM
I stayed the Wyndam Garden Hotel this past October. Was attending MNNSHP at Magic Kingdom and only going to be at Disney for one night. The hotel had buses that stop right out front of the hotel and take you to the theme parks. We were dropped off at the transportation hub for Magic Kingdom and then had to take the monorail. The buses ran regularly until 1 hour after park closing for each of the parks.