PDA

View Full Version : NBA Experience

ransam
10-21-2019, 12:54 PM
has anyone done this?
if so what were your thoughts?
How much time should be allotted?
is it something a 9-year old would enjoy?

thanks,

John
10-23-2019, 11:03 AM
has anyone done this?
if so what were your thoughts?
How much time should be allotted?
is it something a 9-year old would enjoy?

thanks,

Done it and my thought is - honestly - it's overpriced for what it is. Not enough to do. If you are a basketball fan, then certainly it's something that you might want to do. There is fun stuff like the lower rims to dunk on and the skills test - but overall it just seems like the space could have fit more stuff to keep you occupied. Right now, you'd spend maybe a couple hours in there - and that's hard to justify shelling out the cash for.

I'm a hoops fan and while I had fun, I can't say I'd repeat the experience.

Here's hoping they add to the experience or bring the price down a bit.

Giggy
10-23-2019, 05:53 PM
The main reason I haven't been is because we're not really into Basketball (we're a soccer family). The official reason I give though is I am still mourning the loss of Disney Quest. :(

Anthony
11-04-2019, 03:10 PM
You have to wonder if Disney is in touch with its demographic when something like the NBA Experience opens. I just cannot imagine it lasting long. What Disney Springs needs is something fun and cheap to bring in the crowds so that they spend their money on the not so cheap rest of Disney Springs.

ThanxForNoticin
11-05-2019, 12:14 PM
You have to wonder if Disney is in touch with its demographic when something like the NBA Experience opens. I just cannot imagine it lasting long. What Disney Springs needs is something fun and cheap to bring in the crowds so that they spend their money on the not so cheap rest of Disney Springs.

Agreed. It seemed odd to me when they announced the project, and it's still odd. Disney Springs as a location just doesn't make much sense. Don't they have a Wide World Of Sports facility? Just saying it might make more sense there. Of course, there's way more people traffic at Disney Springs. Guess we'll see if it works out for them.