PDA

View Full Version : Imagineering Story

baldburke
10-18-2019, 12:36 PM
https://www.cnet.com/news/disney-plus-imagineering-story-documentary-promises-tour-of-disney-worlds-underground-city/

If you've ever taken a behind the scenes tour at Disney then series alone might be enough to perk your interest in getting Disney+. The premise is awesome! Between it, The Mandalorian and The World According to Jeff Goldblum I will definitely be doing a lot more binge watching.

baldburke
11-18-2019, 12:09 PM
Is anyone watching this series? We are now two episodes in and are really enjoying it. Of course it is told from Disney's perspective, but they don't shy away from the ups and downs and challenges at WED Enterprises. I know we just got a PBS documentary about Disney a couple years back, but this series offers lots of extra footage and commentary from current and former employees. So far they have covered from pre-Disneyland up through Disneyland Tokyo (1983). I will be interested to see that they do for the remaining 10 episodes for this season.

ILoveLegos
12-02-2019, 11:36 AM
I am really enjoying this program. It is interesting to hear the backstories from the WED / Imagineering perspective. As a frequent visitor to the Florida parks, it sparked many, no wonder ... moments as I could peak behind the "curtain" and understand why some rides seemed to be done on the "cheap" - because they were, LoL! :blush: On the more positive side, what a nice way to view the lasting legacy of Disney & hopefully it remains that in the parks. I totally get why Disney Sea is as awesome as it is now - it got a whole lot more finding to "play" with. :thumbsup:

magicofdisney
12-02-2019, 12:35 PM
I Love It! :mickey:

ILoveLegos
12-02-2019, 01:17 PM
I am really enjoying this program. It is interesting to hear the backstories from the WED / Imagineering perspective. As a frequent visitor to the Florida parks, it sparked many, no wonder ... moments as I could peak behind the "curtain" and understand why some rides seemed to be done on the "cheap" - because they were, LoL! :blush: On the more positive side, what a nice way to view the lasting legacy of Disney & hopefully it remains that in the parks. I totally get why Disney Sea is as awesome as it is now - it got a whole lot more finding to "play" with. :thumbsup:

Um funding, not finding. :blush:

baldburke
12-03-2019, 12:03 PM
Um funding, not finding. :blush:

:rotfl: :funny: