PDA

View Full Version : Test Track - closed down in January - February 2020

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
10-14-2019, 10:14 AM
Just read that Test Track is closed during the time of our trip - Ugh!

https://www.themeparktourist.com/news/20191013/37485/big-updates-walt-disney-world-week-october-8-13-2019

PopPhan
10-14-2019, 11:26 AM
Sorry you will miss out on it!

I would expect a lot of attractions to go into short rehabs in 2020, preparing for the 50th Anniversary celebrations to start around October of 2020. Disney likes to "jump the gun" to start their 'celebrations' and will probably start around October -- 1 full year early -- and keep going for at least 6 months past.

Just my thoughts....I could be well off base.

ThanxForNoticin
10-14-2019, 03:15 PM
Yea, we just saw that and find it aggravating, annoying, and extremely disappointing. Having gone many times over the winter months, we know there will be times attractions will be down for short periods for some work. But when they close stuff a few months before you go - after you've spent 6-10 months planning for the trip, it's very disappointing. And unfortunately, at this point, Test Track is the only must-do attraction at EPCOT. We're hoping that improves in the next few years, but not for this trip. Guess we'll focus on the Arts Festival - which is a very good time.

RunDMV
10-14-2019, 06:30 PM
As the mouse likes to do, it closes big attractions the day after the marathon. Splash Mountain always closes the day after the marathon. I'm not sure why they can't wait a week.