PDA

View Full Version : Credit cards with the best rewards programs

TheVBs
10-04-2019, 09:32 AM
Just wondering if anyone has looked into this recently. We do have the Disney card, but they've made me unhappy a couple of times in the past year and I think it's time to consider another card. Any feedback appreciated! Thanks!

John
10-04-2019, 11:43 AM
Really think it depends on what you are looking for.

I carry the Amex Platinum but I'm on the road usually a couple times a month and use the benefits. Likewise I've heard Chase Sapphire is good for those who travel a ton.

TheVBs
10-04-2019, 12:32 PM
Thanks John! I guess what would make sense is the one with the best cash back program. We do travel every year, but we often drive. So, I'm not sure how much we would benefit from a card with travel rewards.

Yooper
10-04-2019, 09:37 PM
I have a capital one card with 1.5% back on everything. I've had other cards, but they may have better rewards (2%) quarterly on set things like groceries. Then, the next quarter it's gas stations, and so on. I found that I didn't want to keep track of what was the special, and I like the regular 1.5% on everything.

You don't need great credit for some of Capital one's cards, if that's a concern for you. If you have great credit, you can get a variety of cards. I happen to have a green mastercard (world card) and a platinum visa card through them, but the rewards are the same no matter the level I think. (And no annual fee on those)>