PDA

View Full Version : Alien Swirling Saucers and Slinky Dog Dash

homeschool mom
10-01-2019, 12:10 PM
I get motion sickness on anything that spins. (It stinks to get older!) I can't ride the Teacups in MK. Is Alien Swirling Saucers comparable to Teacups?

As far as Slinky Dog Dash -- is it similar to Goofy's Barn Stormer in intensity? Is it worth the FastPass if you don't have any children in your party?

With all of the best rides and attractions at DHS being Tier 1, there are others we really enjoy. Since we usually only spend 1 day there, we want to ride our favorites, but don't want to miss the new ones if they are incredible and not to be missed.

We will be a party of 9 with our youngest being 18.

TIA

ThanxForNoticin
10-01-2019, 01:04 PM
I think your ride comparisons are close.

Is Slinky Dog worth a fast pass? That depends on your view! It's a cute, fun ride. We're glad we did it, but we're really more of a TOT crowd - so with only one tier 1 available, we'll usually head toward TOT. That being said, Slinky is very, very popular, and has been the toughest fast pass to get at HS. So lots of people really like it!

RhodeHog
10-01-2019, 05:05 PM
I get motion sick watching my wife and kids on Teacups in MK. Although I could watch Swirling Saucers, I think you would be wise to avoid it. The car itself spins and the platform does different spins. If you hurl when you twirl, you should pass. Slinky Dog was fine, fun, and had a nice queue.

faline
10-02-2019, 12:48 PM
The Saucers do not spin with the same intensity that the teacups can/do spin but they do spin. Riders do not control the spin. If you're unsure, I'd suggest watching the ride process a couple of time and make your decision based on what you see.

Slinky Dog is a mild roller coaster. It's a cute, fun ride but I would not wait in the extremely long standby lines that are seen almost daily for this ride. It's worth a ride if you can snag fastpasses for it.

DizneyFreak2002
10-02-2019, 06:20 PM
Slinky Dog is cute.. I wanted to hate it but I cannot... If you get a FP then awesome... I wouldn't wait more than 30 minutes for it though...

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-02-2019, 09:41 PM
I get dizzy on the tea cups and LOVE the swirling saucers. It only makes wide big turns, and more "sweeps" you from side to side. I barely handle a tea cups, but can do multiple saucers.

barnaby
10-03-2019, 12:45 PM
I can't do the tea cups but had no issues with the Swirling Saucers

minnie-mouse
10-07-2019, 06:12 PM
I get motion sickness and don’t like tea cups but saucers doesn’t make me sick and I love this ride. It kind of glides to the side more than it spins. It’s fun because you don’t really know which way it will glide. The good thing is that your cart never spins around in a full circle like the tea cup cart does. The track itself goes into a figure eight not a circle. Plus it is large and doesn’t make you feel like you are spinning. It’s a fun ride.