PDA

View Full Version : Great Movie ride

BIGDOG
09-24-2019, 03:56 PM
I have 2 questions what happened to the props they had inside the great movie ride are they to be sold? Also now with the Sorcerers hat gone whats the theme or focal point for Hollywood studios? Like Castle for Magic kingdom, Tree of life for Animal Kingdom and The Ball for Epcot?

The Horned King
09-25-2019, 10:07 AM
Most of the sets went in the trash. I imagine the disney archives will have saved a few parts. But not as much as you think. Rumour has it the wicked withc animatronic is reskinned and reprogrammed as RED in PotC.

As for the focal point it will probably be ToT. It's already kind of used in marketing mateiral and also on the home screens in the hotel room TV's

Giggy
09-27-2019, 12:32 PM
Based on the WDW app, the current icons/focal points for each park are:

Magic Kingdom: Cinderella's Castle
Epcot: Spaceship Earth
Hollywood Studios: Tower or Terror
Animal Kingdom: Tree of Life
Typhoon Lagoon: Miss Tilly
Blizzard Beach: Summit Plummet

So I guess Tower of Terror has taken the place of Sorcerer's Hat, and before that the Earfell Tower!

ThanxForNoticin
09-27-2019, 01:19 PM
That Earfell Tower was pretty cool. And it wasn't that big - always seemed like something they could've moved in the park instead of getting rid of it a few years ago. But so much has changed at MGM/Disney Hollywood Studios over the past 10 years, I guess that just went with it. For it being the 2nd youngest park at WDW, it seems like it might be the one that has undergone the most transformations - including an issue with which "icon" is currently being used!! The other 5 parks you have listed have had the same icon since day one!

Crow
09-28-2019, 06:42 AM
was just watching a video about the making of GMR .. another attraction i will miss. I would love to get some props from it